any toyota electrial guru's ? CHCH

craig_b

having a wee bit of a problem with my soarer thats running a 1ggeu, issue; no spark from coil.

problem started this time last year, never drive the thing so didnt care, but had dodgey ign leads, worn dizzy rotor,worn dizzy cap,average plugs, and a crack in the coil where the ht lead goes in, once it started to miss fire i just parked it up in storage as i never needed to drive it. on miss fire a spark was jumping from the ht terminal to the negative terminal on the coil, couple of weeks ago i gave it a birthday, new dizzy cap and rotor,full set of new leads, new plugs and new coil. found that the coil i was given was faulty from manufacture so the place i got it from replaced it. fitted new coil and it ran for about 5min before it decided to give up and have a sleep, no spark again, has something else failed or is something killing the coil? any help would be great, will also post this in the tech section but if anyones down on this kind of stuff and could offer a look that would be great