71 avenger tigerrrrr!!!!

avengertiger

hi all new to the site and to nz just moved from ireland so though i would post up my avenger here i still own it and my lil bro and dad are finishing it for me,who knows it may make its way here although maf and customs are a p.i.a to deal with

living in mapua

car is 71 hillman avenger tiger

1500 cc twin 40s high lift cam and not a lot else

upgraded suspension and brakes

let the pics do the talking eh!!!

as i bought it off an ex chrysler dealer in northern ireland

SMDC0029.jpg

SMDC0033.jpg

paint was shyte and a few rust spots to fix but all in all it was a solid genuine mk1 tiger which they reckon there is only 40 left on the road in europe

so i stripped it down and gave it to the painter

DSCF0967.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

a few more pics on progress the floor wasnt in bad nic needed a sand down and a few holes patching so in order to try keep the rust at bay we painted inside with por 15 as well

floordonechas.jpg

then gave it a coat of primer

floor.jpg

and then a blast of colour chrysler 152 sundance yellow

IMG_3842.jpg

thats the interior floor done awaiting the black carpet to go back in once the internal battery cable has been fitted as i relocated battery to boot.

the dash is a two part arrangement with a padded vinyl top and steel undertray section these always get some miosture attack and can rust badly this wasnt so bad so a sand down prime and paint in satin black brought her up like new

dashprim.jpg

dashblack.jpg

rear bumper newly chromed and new back lights fitted

IMG_3805.jpg

rocker cover blasted and painted

rockerdone.jpg

i picked up possibly the last new grille in the europe if not the world of maurice vissier in holland he has a good stock of new old stock parts and a new grille is free of dents in the soft alloy trim

trial fitted

IMG_3818.jpg

along with new indicators and the brackets you see on the bumper hangers are for the 2 up 2 down spotlights these came with as standard.

the old magnesium minilights are a bit ropey so a cheap set of copies will do for now until i can afford a refurb on the genuine articles,shod with new yoko a539 195/60/13s one fitted for trial its high as the engine isnt in yet and the coilovers havent been adjsuted

IMG_3819.jpg

usually the tiger sits nose up i like a level playing field so will try get it as level as possible with the new gaz coilovers installed....

engine bay waiting on refurbed engine

IMG_3816.jpg

refurbed engine kept it basically standard although it needed a rebore so new 1600ti pistons were used so cc is up to 1600 now,also new cam a brand new chrysler competitions dept tiger cam kept in storage by an ex employee took a bit of tracking down and painted in the proper chrysler blue.

IMG_3884.jpg

IMG_3883.jpg

things have been halted somewhat by the big freeze heres a pic of my old jeep which i gave to my bro before i left

IMG_3867.jpg

more progress hoped for soon

• 3 years later...