crustywhips 76 datsun wagon

crustywhip

Hi all, this is my 76 datsun 120y van. Picked it up october last year as a rolling body and began the slow process of getting it running. Its now driveable and only needs a couple of small tidy ups on the body to be legal. I have no plans for paint, engine mods or conversion at this point and was hoping to use it as much as poss over the summer. Its going to be hard going with the a12.

Its nothing special and has been a good little side build with the car spending the last 6 months under a cover due to the crap weather.

DISCUSSION: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=24432

2rdyqdy.jpg

• 3 months later...

So its been a while and I forgot I posted here but the car is now legal. I picked up a rust free painted body about new years and swapped all my stuff onto it. Since I done every thing except body work and the new one had a tidy body and shit every thing else it was meant to be. Pretty much every thing has been replaced so if feels really good on the road and is now my daily. Not the fastest but one of the cheapest cars Ive owned.

Just before the new fronts went in and the whole under side is like this

2e1ygxe.jpg

2rgkit1.jpg

npgowx.jpg

11t0qjq.jpg

• 8 months later...

Picture-less up date. Datto has been through a few changes since I last posted here, couple A12s and now A15 with a complete 4age/t50 package waiting in the garage. Last few weeks seen a better diff fitted, new front springs which are far to high, some bump steer spacers and head gasket done. Wof'd on tuesday and will be heading south for the Datsun Nationals this labour weeked.

future plans are to strip and repaint in datsun green, add mint parts that have been collected, keep looking for some staggered 14s and repower. Fun times.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Still got my wagon haha. Engine, box are mounted up and now onto clutch and exhaust. Big thanks to Nick M for every thing and the push hes done over the last week. Chin spoiler looks pretty sweet and ride height needs some attention but that can wait for now and man I hate that colour. Till next year, merry xmas.

bdqo0p.jpg

• 6 months later...

Not much of an up date except this now lives in the same house as me for the first time in nearly 2 years.  I have been thinking of a few things and if its worth spending the money and time on cert or run the A series engine and roll as is.   

fn5pp1.jpg