TenFives 1978 Nissan President

mark105

so yup i brought this, Ive got some work to do. It came from a flat peaker so it does have a locked diff in it unfortunately but i do have a spare one. Although i now do feel a wee bit sorry for him after finding receipts in the center console for a $3500 paint job which was done in 2004 and was clearly a bog and paint it job, so he got a fair bit tucked there.

Its going to need a good once over, everything is a bit tired and it has been siting for a year but thus far all i intend to do to it i think is rip those damn mirror tints off cause man they are ghey. Rim will stay for now, tho he gave me a set of steelies with it so i will have a look what i can do in that department.

and pictures.

28082010034.jpg

28082010035.jpg

28082010036.jpg

28082010037.jpg

28082010038.jpg

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

brought some steels. 8 inch fronts and 10 inch rears. was being a little bit keen when i thought 10's would fit the rear. well they maybe would have just just fit and been hella frush had the off set been perfect but the previous owner had the centers moved to fit his car so they were heaps positive and just touched the leaf spring. 5-10mm more negative offset and they would have fit but dunno on guard clearance. im thinking i will take them some where and have an inch removed from the rear and give me millions of clearance to leaf and make them 9's. hoping finding 14" tyres for 9's might be bit easier also.

the 10" rears that didnt fit.

IMAG0068.jpg

8" ones on the front

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

offset. pretty much perfect. need some less balloon spec tyres to get some guard clearance tho.

IMAG0071.jpg

so yeah what you think? i think they look a darn sight better than what was on it but im not 100% sold either. i think some sweeter tyres will change my mind i hope.

discuss. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=23923

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

pictureless update but big news. I have started the strip down on this car now. Many pictures are being taken so i can reassemble it all again. Have talked to my panel beater and he is keen as, hes just going to come do it my shed which is sweet,

So Nats 2014, lets see if i can do it.

• Like 7