Bedford 2.3 fuel filter wheres wally

minimun

Alright dads mate bought an old bedford camper for his work but when hes not using it it sits at mine and im free to seed around in it.

Any way took it out the other day to sit outside primary schools and it coughed and spluttered the whole way there, just generally ran like shit couldnt get over 40 kay.

Told a mate and he said its probably a clogge fuel filter cause i did run it dry and would have sloshed all the dead bodies up in the tank when i filled it up

Have a haynes manual so followed that to try find the filter. it saids its where its not :rolleyes: then under the pic of the motor in the manual it has in brackets (2000) so thinking its the 2litre model shown.

Anyone know where the fuel filter is on these old 2.3s?????? and more so where to find a new one?

Definately worth putting an inline filter in but you can't get rid of the glass one (it is part of the pump) IF I am remembering these motors correctly. The glass filter is serviceable though. Be careful not to break the screw down thing that holds the glass bowl in place but simply remove the glass, pull out the gauze filter and give it a clean.

It is a Bedford so the first place to look will be in the most cunty part of the vehicle to get at.............. or just follow the fuel line from the carb back toward the firewall and eventually you will see it :D

EDIT: I had a look at some online photos and the 2.3 slant motor appears to have the pressed steel fuel pump rather that the cast one with the filter (look at the top front driver's side of the motor) so it is entirely likely that this van has no fuel filter. It was not uncommon.