Levis Kaka Waka....aka 83 Cresta

After browsing the forums admiring everyone elses work I have decided to put some pics of the cresta up

I've had it for about 3 years now most of which has been gathering dust in the shed. I got it off a mate who was moving to oz for a grand which I was pretty happy about. It did however come with a broken rear screen (still havent found a replacement for!!!) and he had broken the mirrors off, other than that was pretty mint.

Up until last year I worked as a an automotive paint distributor so I mixed a batch of golden poo brown paint and turned it into the kaka waka.....the colour isnt for everyone but im down with it!

I've since sold the rims and the proceeds have gone towards a set off 15inch ssr mesh wheels...thanks to ewan from hayatonka..these arrive late august so cant wait!

Im saving at the mo for a 1jzgte to put in....I just want it to be a cruiser with acessible overtaking power....it currently struggles to overtake diesel vans going up hills...lol

When it comes time for the transplant Im hoping to do some bartering or labour trades.......Im pretty handy with a spraygun and also NZ rep for Dickies workwear........if anyone on here wants gears I can hook you up at wholesale!

pre paint

dscf0476.jpg

dscf0471.jpg

dscf0474.jpg

post paint

crestn002.jpg

crestn003.jpg

crestn005u.jpg

crestn006.jpg

crestn007.jpg

crestn008.jpg

At the moment I have a plastic replacement for the missing rear glass........if anyone can help fill the void with glass again I will reward accordingly!

crestn001.jpg

crestn004.jpg

Wheels arriving soon

wheelsc.jpg

wheels2.jpg

• 3 months later...

Bit of an update

I got the wheels and added tyres, the fronts fit nicely but the rears stuck out a bit and the arch was sitting on the tread.

crestn023.jpg

crestn031.jpg

I pondered best way to tackle this then decided to hand it over to a panelbeating mate.....told him what I wanted, gave him a couple bottles of scotch and let him be.....picked it up on the weekend and Im well pleased with his efforts.

crestn041.jpg

crestn040.jpg

crestn039.jpg

crestn038.jpg

crestn037.jpg

crestn042.jpg

Im thinking of going two tone and keeping this colour for the top half and going champaign or dirty silver colour from door handles down including the bumpers and then painting wheel centres same as top half......your thoughts on this would be good.

I have a back window for it which will get here when ever ewan decides to send another container so not sure.

So the to do list is as follows

New idler arm to get rid of the hint of floatiness

Paint

Motor (decided on 2jzge...cant really afford to go 1jzgte)

Depending on how much the motor brings the front down I may shorten the fron shocks a bit

new interior carpets

drive it more