1988 L300 Fuel System

coldturkey

I've just replaced a 4g63 SOHC 8 Valve Carburetor engine in a L300 van.

Can't get it to start, its not getting fuel (spark is sweet, plugs are bone dry).

I can't remember how the fuel lines connected to the intake manifold so I probably got it wrong, i took some photos before i took the old eng out but they are not really clear.

Where are each of the lines on the fuel pump thingy (whatever the hell this is) supposed to go? From what I can tell a couple suck and a couple blow.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

fuel.JPG

line 3 is fuel supply line from the tank.

lines 1 and 2, one will have a restrictor in the pipe of which that one goes to the fuel tank return, and the other goes to the carb fuel feed.

line 4 is the oil drain, it usually has a pipe which dumps out at the base of the sump. if oil comes out of this line then the rubber diaphragm inside is split and the fuel pump needs to be replaced.

hey man thanks for your help!

Line 3 comes from the little seethrough filter bowl which has the feed from the tank then?

Does it matter which one of 1&2 go where?

so 4 doesnt actually need to go anywhere then? cause there was a pipe hanging off it which wasn't long enough to connect to anything and I couldn't work it out, I just left it unconnected cause i figured it was something like that.

look into lines 1 and 2 with a torch, you'll see which one has a pinhole sized restrictor and which one doesn't. The one with the restrictor goes to the tank return while the other goes to the carb.