brads daily driver TA63

ke25_

This is my 1982 Toyota carina ta63 which I've had for about 2 months now, I quickly sold a mint ke70 I had just brought as a reliable daily driver to snap up this carina my mate was selling as he needed $$$ turned out to be the best decision ever! its nearly clocked over 170kms now and I got it completely standard fitted with the 3teu/t50 with T series drum brake independent rear suspension, I then purchased a 3tgte/w55 package that sheepers had lying around , then brought another rummy 3tgte/w55 from a ta63 celica being wrecked and have put 1 good motor with 1 good box which got installed this weekend just been, It goes great and im over the moon!

The basic specs

3tgte Rebuilt with aftermarket pistons some time ago with new big ends before install as 1 has slight wear so why not,

excellent condition factory ct20 turbo water and oil cooled

brand new 5 puk Exceedy clutch

w55 gearbox

15" rays engineering wheels with 195/45r15s

short shocks and cut springs, chassis rails sits about 70mm off the ground,

TA63 GTT front seats

This car will shortly be full ta63 GTT spec trim (F series rear), I plan to do a bit of drag racing and cone days etc in this car

heres some pics

add a good engine

SDC11875.jpg

Add some big ends

SDC11938.jpg

That ^^ is Marlon hes a 3tgte guru, hes got 4x TE71 gt's all wof/rego spec running 3tgte/2tgeu he could have wired it up blind folded, I was amazed at how fast he had it running,

SDC11941.jpg

carina1.jpg

carina2.jpg

carina.jpg

• 1 month later...

I picked up what was left of a toyota ga61 celica 2000gt on saturday, it was still rolling and FREE!! droped out the T series rear end that was making horrible noises and about to go and swapped in the 4.3 F series rear end from the celica 2000gt, now its time for a no slip diff and skids on, iv done 2000kms with no problems other than turbo oil feed spliting so that got replaced

next on the cards is getting an exhaust made as it is still being choked by the 3teu factory exhaust,SDC11951-1.jpg

then front mount + boost controller fitted and push the brim of reliablity of the ct20 by winding boost to 10psi

pity this bad boy is keeping me distracted from my starlet,