R100's Chevette hatch

R100

I kinda accidently bought this the other night. Saw it on tardme when it was first advertised, placed a bid of $600 then about 10 days later i get an email saying i won it.

I have to travel from auckland to whangarei next week to pick it up.

Its a 1979 3 owner 127000k Chevette

Not sure what ill do with it just yet, engine bay doesnt look very big so not sure what my options are with transplants. I dont really want to go chopping the firewall.

I have been dreaming of dropping a V6 chev in one though.

Both front and rear bumpers look to be a bit bent, so i want to find another mint pair.

Wont touch the interior, will tidy up the body aswell.

I definatly need to get rid of those mags though. Oldschool mags are kool but those things are just awfull. Would rather a nice set of standard rims with hubcaps.

editchev.jpg

128243730full.jpg

64772229.jpg

Picked the car up on monday night and it is better than i first thought so im pretty stoked with my purchase.

After getting it home i chucked a battery in it and finally got it started. It has what i think is blown head gasket. Will pull the head off tommoro (do comp test first) and get it running properly so i can take it for a wof.

Ive decided i will go ahead with doing some sort of V6 transplant. Currently toying with a 6A10 Mitsi 1600 V6 engine. Will see...

• 2 months later...