dspec_tt131s 81 galant gt

so picked up this boat from trademe, drove it back from nelson over the weekend, thanks to fuel for stopping when steam was pissing out just after taupo haha.

plans are to get it running mint, tidy up a few imperfections, eventually get some wider wheels and decent suspension

img0157fj.jpg

img0150cp.jpg

img0158j.jpg

few more photons and also pic of electric fan i added this week as the one that bolts to engine is nowhere to be found, not sure if i like the electric one may try find the viscous one and the proper shroud

img0159uc.jpg

img0160fs.jpg

img0162y.jpg

new headunit i bought this week, going to make a panel for surround so i dont have to cut the factory one

img0161th.jpg

mean factory boost gauge :mrgreen:

img0165q.jpg

in the last week i have pulled out the dash to find the 100kmh chime and ended its life, added a headunit and some speakers and today i scored a bonnet cable from a rwd sigma at pick a part, just installed it and it works, so stoked was getting pissed off with crawling on ground with large screwdrivers....

img0169kh.jpg

img0166hm.jpg

picked up spare engine on saturday, its going to my dads workshop tomorow to get stripped down so i can start putting on go fast bits and repair whatever needs repairing

img0177tc.jpg

img0179yd.jpg

img0181i.jpg

who needs a ute/sation wagon/van parts hauler when you can just take out passenger seat... haha boot was to small.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pictures of new engine in, running so much better due to lots of dodgy stuff on engine that came out. one balance shaft had been taken out with a bolt in place and lots of bolts covering up oil feeds an shit like that, also removed all the aircon which was so unbelievably heavy just the bracket for the pump must have weighed atleast 2kg

img0211v.jpg

also scored a viscous fan

img0212q.jpg

img0213gm.jpg

gap where aircon pump was

img0214bh.jpg

new rims, going to repaint centres in same colour i think and get new bolts and polish to infinite fronts are 14x6.5 and rears 14x7.5 unsure on offsets (dont know how to measue) have been pricing up tyres today most likely going for 165/60/14s for the 6.5s and 185/55/14s for the 7.5s

img0234yz.jpg

img0235en.jpg

picked these up today ,they're tein s13 fronts with camber plates im planning on adapting to use for the rear, quick measurements show that they should be perfect for the rear with mid adjustment having the car as low is it is on the cut springs. they do need a reco so anybody with information on that or whos done it let me know!!

img0258yt.jpg

so before i got pink stickered i neglected to mention i broke an axle (night after i had just finished putting cutties in) so heres a few pics of pulling the whole rear subframe out.was so suprised at how easy it was (thanks to mr phillip weston for online refrences) and also got these recaro seats tonight which are so mint.

going to adapt rails after i get pink sticker off (hopefully by the weekend)

still need to reco adjustables and get my bottom brackets put on and change top hat and find another pair to mod for the front. But atleast im getting somewhere after so many failed projects (this is around my 25th car if not more)

img0255a.jpg

img0252d.jpg

img0253.jpg

img0251y.jpg

img0254.jpg

img0280c.jpg

• 2 months later...