stereo buzz

WildPlumDx

ok havnt bought a filter as someone said it wont fix the problem only limit it which is true so i ran some tests and found that the buzzing is only on the front and rear left channel in the rca's and also the front HPF switch doesnt work weather it never did or just stopped as of late i'm not sure, so what does this tell me ?

So the question you have to answer is why does the buzzing go away when the engine is off if only the left channels are affected and swapping the rca cables makes no difference?

Try swapping the speaker wires left to right over at the amp. If the buzzing swaps sides you will know that is the amp and if it doesn't you'll know that it is the speaker wires or the speakers. Also, measure the resistance to ground of the speaker wires with them disconnected from the amp.

Another thing you might want to try is to wire the speakers directly from the head unit just to make sure it is the amp.

If your amp only cost $80 and you can't fix it yourself buy a new amp.