Shaun's ke36

Shaun36

Been reading here for ages so thought i might as well put a project thread up since its holiday time...

I know noone is really into these but thought might as well put it up anyway

I have a 1978 Toyota Corolla ke36.. Have had this thing about 3 or 4 years and have slowly built it. Am at uni so things get done slowly during the year but am trying to get it finished this summer..

Here is when I used to think big wheels and high offset was cool..

489872001a5523565498l.jpg

first029.jpg

Then i get it stripped down to get re-sprayed with the result of this

P2270008.jpg

P2270012.jpg

P2270016.jpg

Has a worked 5k with twin side draughts and extractors which are yet to be fitted

262_6275.jpg

Then I realised that big wheels were not as cool as i initially thought and got some 14's... Still nothing special but am going to make do with them for now as anything is better than what was on there and have had some adjustables made up. Here is a few pictures i have from recent of how the front will sit and am yet to sort out the back

Have been ploishing the wheels and getting centres painted. Am planning to get a cert just into the new year sometime

Photos in poor light and off a camera phone so not too flash and wheels have not been polished or painted in that photo but gives you the idea

P7050028small.jpg

DSC00050small.jpg

Sits around 70-80mm off the ground but hopefuly is still pratical...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok so have done nothing in a long time but am trying to get a few things done before I head back to uni for the year.

I have given up on the idea of using sidedrafts because it would have been too expensive to set up and keep running so am just going to use a weber downdraft 32/36 but this makes another problem because the extractors that Sheldon (blown5k) made me have a flange thickness of 12mm(I think it is) to suit the sidedraft manifold. Is it possible to have the flange cut down 2mm to fit the Toyota intake manifold flange?

For the suspension I have ordered some new 4kg springs as the ones I had were ~8kg which was far too stiff and have also ordered some RCA's.

Have also got leaf springs out to be reset 2".

Some pictures from a year or so ago:

edited1.jpg

ed.jpg

edd.jpg

This is a photo just for reference. It is with the leaf springs out and car sitting on standard bumpstops which is about 10ish mm lower than it will actually be. You can also see the wooden bead seat covers that I just bought the other day:

P1000077new.jpg

Discussion viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21076

Shaun

• 3 weeks later...