mutinys rx60 cressida

mutiny

picked up this quite tidy rx60 cressida a week or so ago, has a freshly rebuilt 21r. having a few issues with the carb currently but dropping the carb at the carb shop tommorow. had a little bit of rust in the ass end so i sorted it out and now just needa get it colour matched and spray the repairs.

wheels im unsure of yet, have the old wheels off my van which i may roll for now. chucked in a stereo and alarm and central locks over the weekend, as soon as its running im gonna get it a wof then slamage

cressida2.jpg

cressida1.jpg

cressida3.jpg

cressida4.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

well ive decided to replace the carb, and am going with a weber off a cortina(thanks low n slow). got a water source for the auto choke sused, everything was ready to go, welded up the old holes on manifold and tapped the ones for the new carb.

got it all on and fired it up, ran for a couple seconds then would die, so a little investagating and another big FUCK YOU REPCO BURNSIDE. shity shity inlet manifold gasket, not ever close to fitting, plus it came pre ripped and it took 8 days to get here(so much for overnight cunts)

you can see it not eve clsoe to sealing as in the red dot

fuckrepco.jpg

heres one of carb

weberh.jpg

and heres the wheels i brought, 16x7, got some 19mm and 25mm spacers for em. i think the colour suits real well

rims2q.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well my jets are ordered and palmisde should have them in end of next week, fingers crossed

opionions on wheels? will obvsiouly look alot better when guard is touching rim. thats with 25mm spacers front and rear, i wil be runing 19s on the front though, just needa get the right bolts

p1020956ym.jpg

p1020957j.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

well have brought another shitty toyota, this time its a rx63, was factory 18rgeu with w55, no motor but still had box, so front end and box will go in my car, maybe look into putting the independent rear end in too, maybe.anyone know if its easily do able? wrecking this car out so if you need anything let me know

mark2.jpg

mark22.jpg

mark23.jpg

mark24.jpg

mark25.jpg