Turbo mounting

FuzzayD

Trying to put a Toyota ct09 turbo onto a Mazda 1600 Capella motor that has been converted to rwd.

Trying to mount the cars stock exhaust manifold to turbo. Can't decide if i should try and get a flange / adapter plate made or try and make my own exhaust manifold.

Keep in mind I'm just trying to make it go for next to nothing the motor and turbo cost me less than $50 and i need something to play with. Planning on sucking car mounted carb with pvc piping and rubber hose 1.25 inch for bends and flex.

DSCF0205.jpg

Problem with using an adaptor plate is that the turbo will probably foul the block/engine mounts

I've made up some brackets and bolted the turbo to the exhaust manifold, the engine has presumably a 7.9:1 compression ratio which should be low enough for the added compression of the turbo.

Problem now is the fact that prior to the turbo install I wasn't sure if the motor worked and now that it won't start I'm not exactly sure why.

It cranks but won't ignite, the plugs are firing. Have twisted the dizzy about to see if maybe the timing needed to be more or less advanced to ignite. If i put my hand over the carb i can feel it suckle. Without using the accelerator i noticed there was no smell of petrol, after checking the fuel pump and spilling petrol everything smells of petrol.

Valves all good and opening correctly.

Just wondering if theres something I've missed. I don't intend on running the engine in a car just wanted to slap a turbo on it and get it to run.

Any tips on what i should try next?

oh also none of the turbos cooling or lubricating systems are connected.