dirtyleppas EX BROCK-LEE bluebird wagz

dirty_leppa

since getting it, i have fitted some 14x6 gold mesh wheels and changed out the auto for a 5speed manual from my previous 910 sedan. goes heaps better and uses alot let fuel :D

this is what it looks like now.

009nf.jpg

015fb.jpg

020f.jpg

011jq.jpg

decided to refit my fender mirror which some tard had snapped off.

this was the resulting damage. not overly bad, but still not pretty.

026zd.jpg

025sb.jpg

024uh.jpg

well, pulled the guard off, which was not overly fun, due to nissans over use of glue on the seams :rolleyes:

got the hammer and dolly out and in 15min, it was much better. reallly needs a touch up of paint, but im not that fussed.

then, i changed the grill from the standard flat one to the sss honey comb grill. so much better looking. also fitted a JAF badge. now i just need to find my japanese number plate.

028tn.jpg

030de.jpg

031he.jpg

032kd.jpg

will post up some more pics later in the week once im finished putting it all back together and given her a wash

• 1 month later...

heres tonights progress folks. refitted the bumper and thought i would have a go at my chin spoiler.

take one legacy boot spoiler, add some paint and cable ties and this is what you get

001la.jpg

002pd.jpg

003nn.jpg

im pretty stoked with the outcome so far and its relatively sturdy. will drive it over the next few days and see if it will hold on. if it does decide to let go, it only cost me $1 so i wont really care :lol:

well this is what happens when you drive down an unfamiliar road at night in the rain with a chin spoiler that you completely forgot you had. speed humps somehow come at you pretty fast when you dont know the road.

003nb.jpg

004pc.jpg

006kyk.jpg

im not really to fussed and considering the little effort i put into fitting it and only being held on by cable ties, it hasnt come out too bad. will angle it more flat to give me a bit more clearance.

• 3 weeks later...

well got home and found a note under my door. had a name, and said i hit your car. of cause i went and had a look.

from a distance, i didnt see anything. upon closer inspection i found this :cry::cry::cry:

0021600x1200.jpg

0041600x1200.jpg

0071600x1200.jpg

0081600x1200.jpg

0091600x1200.jpg

0101600x1200.jpg

to my horror, it has been pushed back quite a way back, but worst of all has messed with the original body lines, so im a bit pissed. it also broke the the window and the glass has gone everywhere.

if anyone has a spare window lying around, or knows of one please let me know :cry:

• 1 month later...

well big thanx again to brendan for hooking me up with the window and dizzy. still in the process of doing hte dizzy and a couple other bits on the engine, so i will focus on the other bits for a while

before i fitted the new window, i pulled out the interior panels to try and push out the dent a little. i wish i hadnt, as this is what i found :o:(:o:(:rolleyes:

0091600x1200.jpg

0111600x1200.jpg

as you can see, it has been in a prang at some point in time, ans has been bogged over and painted. it all looked factory, until i had a closer look and fount that the black body line was infact a vinyl sticker. hopefully it can be fixed properly when i can get the insurance claim through.

anyway, it looks a bit better as you can see

0071600x1200.jpg

0081600x1200.jpg

anyway, on a positive note, ive benn collecting bits an pieces for any car i can use them on and this is what i have to go on the wagon. 1st off, a japanese learner symbol. i got this from a jap import truck at work and its extra cool as its a stick on magnet

0021600x1200.jpg

0041600x1200.jpg

2nd i can finally put my steering wheel on and what a difference it makes. much easier to turn, looks better and way more comfotable. also got a horn button with some random japanese symbol on it. any ideas as to what it means, let me know.

0051600x1200.jpg0031600x1200.jpg

0061600x1200.jpg

0011600x1200.jpg

• 1 month later...

well i finally decided to pull my fat lazy arse away frm the playstation and do some work on the wagon. thanx to adam for hooking me up with an L16 head as a jig for some headers. an added bonus was this red DATSUN tappet cover :thumbsup: choice.

before

0021600x1200-1.jpg

and after

0031600x1200-1.jpg

0061600x1200-1.jpg

just my luck, when it came to fitting it, both the gaskets were stuffed, so i have to wait a couple days to get a new one.

my bad luck continued when it came to sorting out the gear stick surround. i had another one lying around, so threw that on. but what do ya know, gear stick hits it when in 2nd, 4th, and reverse. so i have removed it and will straighten it up at work tomorrow.

in better news, i managed to score some sweet bits from michael. best bits from the score were a spare wagon diff head and some epically sweet head light covers.

one of them has a bit missing from it but i still think they are heaps cool

0051600x1200-1.jpg

0071600x1200-1.jpg

0041600x1200-1.jpg

well more bits of work. i had to straighten my gear stick to stop it contacting the centre console. with the help of my friend, Mr Gas Torch, i had it done in short time. the next issue to attend to was the gear knob. the factory one didnt fit anymore and the ones i got keep coming loose. so i turned to a current trend form japan i think and made up my own custom SNAP ON one

here are some pics

0041600x1200-2.jpg

0011600x1200-2.jpg

• 3 months later...

well did a bit on work on the wags today to get it up to wof standards. welded up the loose muffler, straightened the steering wheel. while i was at it, i finally got round to making my boso pipe for her. i think it came out kinda all right for a quick job.

ill be leaving it unpainted so it will get that natural rust look we all like.

let me know what you guys think. i really wanted to make a V pipe, but ran out of material. maybe in the future ;)

83776009.jpg

fgn3.jpg

fgn2.jpg

fgnng.jpg

• 2 months later...

just a small update. thanx to chris(CUL8R) for hooking me up with some nice small 175/60/14 for my car. SOOOOOO much better to look at. just waiting on him to find me another pair for the back, then it will look choice.

had cousin touch the car with the photoshop brush, and after seeing this pic, i have come to the conclusion thats its way too high. so will be lowering it more in the future

datsun.jpg

• 2 months later...

well after half a days work on the old girl, im happy with the end results for once :lol: after a shitty time trying to weld the exhaust in a cunt of a position, it is finally stopped leaking. the weld looks like shit, but it doesnt make a shit noise anymore. also lowered the front using some "lowered" springs i had. im very happy with the results

before

dscf4628q.jpg

after :Jelly:

dscf4630.jpg