Dunedin Combined Meet. Cruise and bbq sat 19th sept

cozmoid

Hi all

So I have volunteered myself to organise the next meet :) As we seem to have lame cruises and i love driving more than talking about driving we are gonna cruise first then all meet at my house for bbq. Details are as follows. Oh and sorry for the shit house edited maps as i dont have any decent photo softwares

Going route is PINK

Return route is BLUE

The meet point will be MIDDAY at chingford park with a leaving time of 12:30. Please get gas before you arrive.

Meeting.jpg

The cruise will head up north rd and over the hill down into waitati along the state highway and then take the warrington turn off with a little stop at the beach domain area for chat, cricket etc etc.

Hillsroute.jpg

Warrington.jpg

From there we can either go further down the coast to karitane or just return to waitati and go over the portchalmers hill rd then through sawyers bay and up over back to NEV then continue down nev and onto george st up leith valley for a little detour and on to my house for bbq and drinks for the non drivers :D

ShawnsHouse.jpg

Shawn lives at 37 Chapman st Wakari.

There is a school car park across the rd from my house so ample parking and photo ops. I have a large tidy bbq friendly yard with a cricket pitch so perfect for our after cruise bbq. I work at a wholesale food distributor and can get steak, Chk or hamburger patties and sausages at cost but would like those interested in going in on a cheap deal to confirm by thursday 17th if they are keen. I am expecting A peice of ribeye steak, patty, chk patty, salad, bread and a couple of sausages to be 8 bucks each maybe? But i will price it up later. BYO drinks and you don't have to go in on food. I really don't mind if u bring your own as thats less hassle for me :)

I have a teenage stepson so children are very welcome and you must bring your girlfriend! No repeat sausage sizzles like last meet! My wife will be very bored if all us boys just show up. And for "you know who" with no girlfriends can bring their blowup dolls thats fine :D As u can tell im a byc cricket fiend so prepare to play drunk cricket sometime on the adventure or suffer my wrath! It's worth it just to see damien try to bowl :twisted: I have also invited Toyspeed forum

Sorry for the early start to the cruise but if we want a bbq in the daylight thats the way it's gonna have to be till our summer meet. Also If enough are keen to go further up the coast to karitane(awesome rd) then im totally keen to add it to the route. Also maybe another pitstop at sawyers bay church is an option? Your feedback is very welcome

• 3 weeks later...

I slept in, however

Ok so very low turnout which was a pretty lame effort by most of the dunedin tspeed crew but those that did turn up was great! Especially loudstealthgt4 and his partner came all the way from Southland! Was a great day, awesome weather, awesome roads and the cruise was great. All the cars looked good and everyone was pretty well behaved with no unnecessary bad behaviour :lol: The bbq was wicked if i say so myself. I cooked up a storm and every one loved the steaks, prawns, chicken burgers and bangers with a little bit of salad. Back yard cricket was good too but damian wouldn't bowl which was disapointing. It was great to have a nice sociable meeting for once and im pretty sure everone had a great time. Lets do it again but with a few more members next time? Here's a couple of pics from warrington

19092009361.jpg

19092009362.jpg

19092009363.jpg

Im also seriously looking in to a track day at teretonga sometime in the future. But i would need some serious commitment from interested parties(which seems to be a problem in dunedin ts) So come on guys lets try and get the dunedin ts group actually doin fun stuff and not the lamest one in the country :D