CXGPWR's 1974 Bedford J2 Bus

CXGPWR

So After finding this on trademe i drove to napier to have a look, Decided to Purchase for the 1k i had sitting aside. After sitting for 2 years where it was it took about 10min to get her fired up & running on its 2 year old stale fuel. Backed it out of its hiding place to find the right front wheel brakes were seized on, adjusted them back off & drove to Cazza's to continue on working on it so i could drive it home. so after flushing the cooling system, oil flush & change, New fuel, new distributo cap, rotor, & point & leads it was running well enough to get me home, or so i thought. Got out of napier & allmost to hastings to find the front right brake again was seized on. So found a old parking lot, ripped both front wheels & drums off. Remove wheel cylinders & bashed the shit out of them to get the pistons out. cleaned them all up & reassembled. bled & adjusted. Took bout 1 & 1/2 hours. Back on the road again. Safely got me all the way home averging 85-90km/h

As it is today :

bus001.jpg

bus003.jpg

Plan is to tidy up the little amount of rust it has got, get it legal & drive it!.

Right, found the rust in the front is harder than first anticipated, the dash panel is welded in, so im gonna get the grinder out & carefully remove it incase i decide to reuse, though i may just get some nice stainless steel fabricated for a dash pad & re-fit orignal gauge cluster.

Will get some photos of dash up & yor suggestions on re-use or new.