My 1980 Isuzu Gemini TE

"I'll just find a totally boring daily driver that I won't spend any time and money on, so I can get the TX off the road for the conversion"

Yeah right.. :doubt:

Anyway, here's the new PF50 of doom/rust. I picked this shitter up for $305. It has epically rusty doors but the rest is fairly sweet. It was complete when I got it. I'll use parts from my old white TE to get it up to scratch.

dscf4621a.jpg

dscf4622.jpg

dscf4633n.jpg

dscf4628d.jpg

dscf4625.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Splashed some colour on it on sunday.

Spent all night on it after work today, all un masked and got the whole rear end cleaned and polished and some other little bits fixed up.

dscf4777b.jpg

dscf4819o.jpg

Ready to get into the doors, bonnet, boot and fuel flap when I get my new sander in a few days as the old one decided to give up.

• 3 weeks later...

Boot done.

dscf4851v.jpg

Rear doors and front valance done. Just need to fix up the fuel flap hinges then that can also be put on.

dscf4848p.jpg

Polished all trims, cleaned windows and cleaned out the interior, which all took ages.

dscf4838t.jpg

dscf4847x.jpg

Interior looks a bit better with the new colour, too. Onto the front doors and bonnet tonight, should be painted by the end of the week, all going to plan.

• 1 month later...