Borg's 1970 Volkswagen Fastback

078.jpg

1970 VW type3 Fastback, Cali import, fuel injected, auto 8)

076.jpg

075.jpg

077.jpg

Opening rear windows, out of it thing is theres no hinges. The glass bends... :rolleyes:

085.jpg

Yep LHD FTW

086.jpg

Crossply whitewalls..

088.jpg

First thing I did was fit compulsary headlamp eyebrows/pedestrian wasters.

087.jpg

Will post more photos when I strip her down, theres some nasty rust action hiding in places

At moment rollin as is.. May make an appearance down palmy this weekend.

Car has 2 owners prior, orig books, dealer keyring( Fred Lucksinger Motors Ltd 955 Morro st S L O, Calif 543-2800 )

seatbelts and tyres 70000 miles :D

Dirty rot has come to spoil the party in places tho, mainly behind rear guards and a pillars.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah so instead of doing anything productive on my day off I ended up staring at the VW

and wishing it lower.. Thank god for torsion bars, especially splined ones 8)

So an hour or so later it looked like this-

009.jpg

011.jpg

Should have got before shots in the same spot for comparison as it was jacked up american spec

sitting on bumpstops in these shots, sitting another half inch lower once I attacked bumpstops with angle grinder

Did do some actual work whilst down there, serviced and adjusted steering box, replaced bearings, was going to replace hoses but looks like someone beat me to it recently. Has new calipers, hoses, pads and discs :o

Fuckin stoked, just need a steering damper that isn't so damp, problem with left hook cars- everything is ex states or germany as they are different.

Ps what is up with BNT wheel bearing kits having one NSK and one AICHI bearing plus a german seal??

If they wern't ridiculously cheap I wouldn't have had a bar of them.. Give me matching FAG bearings or similar OEM spec

Coz I am an anal c*nt

Till next time, will sort rear out tomorrow night and fit up repaired exhaust.

Ordered typ 3 headers and dual quet (??) pack mufflers from empi, said the'd be four weeks so expect to see in four months

hence dodgy bodge of original muffler

086-1.jpg

Also did Wellington and back without a hitch, apart from muffler dissolving on last hundred k's and inbred mofukers jumping on my bonnet on Courtenay pl.. Cheap to run too- bonus