MS53_wagons 1985 Homy Van - Brick

Picked this puppy up from Chch, flew down and drove it back up to AKL via the Naki.

Drove mint all the way which was a good test for it.

1.8L Z18 motor on LPG, manual. looked like a true piece when i picked it up, been sprayed the Canterbury colours but had faded light red/pink plus had one brown door.

Got it back from the painters last week and have just started putting it back together cleaning the crap out of it.

next mish is lowering it, currently sits on the bumps up front (torsion bars) so i wanna know if nissan ute drop spindles would fit??? also need to sus out the leafs in the back.

anyway heres some shots

what it initially looked like:

old.jpg

sweet interior:

lounge.jpg

sviwel.jpg

new shots after paint:

homywhat.jpg

newfront.jpg

will update shots as i sort it out.

• 1 month later...

im a bit slow in progress but its coming along.

at the moment im trying to organise lowering the rear.

have taken out the bump stops and will be trying to sort out modifying them.....

bumps001.jpg

As can be seen they are kinda starting to split = no good.

will be trying to find out if anyone can re-mount new rubber onto them?

also was planning on looking into getting the metal bracket "lowered" to gain me an extra inch or so - something like the red line in photo, and get new holes drilled so i can bolt it to the chassis again?

bumpsmod.jpg.

have also picked up some new steel rims - sand blasted and painted them black, also got me some whitewall tyres coming up from napier so will be looking forward to their arrival and installation! then might try get some chrome wheel bands to top it off....

bumps008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

got some wheel bands, rims looks mint now!

homy.jpg.

still in much need of rear lowerage, just gotta find a couple days free so i can pull out the leafs and drop them down to snell springs. they reakon about $150 and 1 days turn around, so hopefully they stick to that?

the muppets who put the whitewall tyres on the rims ripped the bead and fukt one of my tyres! soo pissed

cheers

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Slight update,

pulled the leaf springs - off to snells - new leaf added plus an inch lower. fitted back in without any dramas - yeows! rides much better now even with being lower, its got bout 20-30mm before the bumps.

DSCN2228.jpg

also added a sweet "nissan, 50th anniversary" badge to the front haha

DSCN2230.jpg

DSCN2229.jpg

took the rear seats apart as they still smelled like cats, washed the covers and sowed up the rips put back on. soo much better, gotta do the same to the front seats now.

also - anyone know Japanese? fuse cover:

DSCN2192.jpg

that's all i got for now

carpentry update.

Shag pad added in the van for weekend mishes. scored some sweet flooring timber off the old man, so made the most of it. will roll round with no mattress and chuck one in if we go away. wanna keep that mint timber visible

DSCN2231.jpg

DSCN2232.jpg

DSCN2233.jpg

underneath shot, plenty of storage, plus it hides the mussive lpg tank!

DSCN2234.jpg