Brads Kp61

ke25_

Project Discussion : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18274

I Brought a 1984 starlet with a genuine 65km on the clock about 3 months ago. I had to pull the factory 4k engine out to put into a car I sold, so now ive decided to put a ca18det into it, I managed to find a mint engine package for a mint price! heres some picks

The starlet

ellycam029.jpg

brad010.jpg

ellycam025.jpg

ellycam024.jpg

The engine

ca18det001.jpg

ca18det002.jpg

The wheels and tires, rays engineering 15x6.5 + 195/45r15s

ca18det005.jpg

I am just waiting for my flatmate to get rid of one of her peices so I can have some shelter under carport to start making it all happen, slowly gathering bits and peices still got 8 months no licence so in no real hurry, I should realistically have it on road before xmas, intended mods at this stage,

t28 gtir turbo

vr4 front mount intercooler

vr4 injectors

electronic boost control

500hp walbro external pump and surge tank

3" exhaust

z32 airflow meter

chipped ecu

This is a setup a couple of my mates run and on 15psi good for a reliable 250rwhp+ish

hilux lsd diff or similar

u13 bluebird discs / mr2 twin pot pot calipers up front

2 race seats no back

• 4 months later...

Well its been a while since an update, Iv now shifted places so have somewhere sheltered to work on my starlet, everything I dont need has been removed, all bolts were cracked for the 1st time :lol: .There is NO rust, the car is pretty much flawless ,

The engine loom has been removed to be cut down and wired into starlet, gearbox split from motor reveals a mint as factory nissan clutch but I will be replacing this with a heavy duty exceedy in the next few weeks, the motor is ready to go straight in, then I will have so cut a hole further back in the tunnel for the shifter and modify the gearbox crossmember to suit, then diff upgrade will begin,

couple of pics

I haven't even cleaned the engine bay :D I will be taking extra extra care to keep all paint intact and not chip or scratch while motor is being installed

DSCN1255.jpg

got wheels finished and tyres on them, bit of modivation

DSCN1260.jpg

• 2 months later...

Engine is now in, fits nicely and everything is sort of where it needs to be,

DSCN1562.jpg

DSCN1563.jpg

I get one of these next week

IMGP2433.jpg

so ByeBye brake booster, hello wilwood reverse mount pedal box, custom frame to mount into kp and 3x wilwood master cyls, 1 for front brakes 1 for rear and one for clutch. I need some remote reservoirs and to mount them in wiper motor compartment,

The engine has already had genuine nissan cambelt, clutch, water pump, thermostat etc etc so i got an extra $400 valuve out of my engine, so its ready to go

Wiring loom has been heavily chopped down by a ca18det into datsun guru and will be stitched into car hopefully this week

next on the to do list

cut hole for shifter and mount gearbox

fuel lines

crank pully machined down for radiator clearance

mount pedalbox (arrives next week) + brake lines then dash back in once wired