dspec_tt131's dirty 1981 mitsi sapporo

thought id better start this project thread, i got this off tm for 500 with auction stating it had blow motor.got it home fired it up after a new battery was added to the mix with some clean fuel and was a bit sluggish so after welding a muffler on to actually hear if there was any engine rattle, (as it only had the manifold an 500mm of tube and thats it) discovered it had a noisy bigend so having no idea what engine it actually was in there i ripped it out and started looking for a 4g63

90384936_full.jpg

90385043_full.jpg

85539773_full.jpg

since then i bought a 1979 l200 ute for 300 with 4g63 8 valve, i removed engine and tried to fit it to gearbox not realising for about 3 hours that the gearbox that was connected to 4g54 had a wideblock bellhousing so after figuring that out i ripped the box out and sold it and the 4g54 and couldnt use ute gearbox as it was 4spd column so started looking for a narrow block gbox.the guy that bought my wideblock gbox told me about a 1980 gallant at mangere pick a part with a manual box so i went a few days later and ripped it out and bolted up to engine at home and slotted both in easy as pie, but realised the driveshaft yoke was different so scored one that fitted and took to adl to get fitted to my driveshaft , sorted that and chucked it all in then whilst driving thought my clutch was bung or brakes jammed or something, after investigation realised one of the front wheels was wrong offset and was grinding into shock so scored a pair of sigma steelies, then a few weeks later brought alistairs star sharks, have since made exhaust back to just before diff using single muffler and straight pipe

sorry 4 lack of picks have just sussed how to get pics on comp and will update regularly with pics now

90386373_full.jpg

90386538_full.jpg

so i washed car and took a better pic and also blew headgasket today :|

thats what happens when you dont have oveflow bottle hooked up for radiator and are to hungover to be bothered checking water, so plans are to investigate how fucked it is and then go from there may sell rims to fund engine work pm if your interested

90506637_full.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

no reall update except pulled engine covers off and found cambelt snapped and balance shaft belt aswell but doesnt sound like valves got walloped, can anybody confirm if these engines bend valves?so im gna replace headgasket and do cambelt an balance shaft belts this week , also bidding on this on trademe

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=213858720