ECU wire/plug question

BS5620

i dont know much about these whole EFI set ups but are doing a 4age conveersion in my mk1.

I got the loom and engine all from an AE86. I also got a standard computer and the computer that the engine was running with! but only two of the loom plugs fit, the 3rd plug doesnt fit.

its the same with both computers. plug numbers are 10p 18p and 14p one of them dont fit, yet the engine was running sweet when i brought it.

how normal is this, should it be like this or do they need all three plugs or did i miss something when i was pulling the car all apart???

whats your "3rd plug" look like? same as the pic below?

did you remove the setup yourself? are you sure you got ALL the plugs for the ecu?

the 3rd plug is often missed as the first two are for the engine sensors etc but the 3rd is connected to the dash wiring so gets forgotten about. it needs to be cut off the dash wiring, then the appropriate wires connected up once in your car.

where are you located? auckland?

DSC04332.jpg

yup plug looks exactly like that one, its the 14p one that dont fit. So you reckon that this is usually connected to the dash wires and doesnt have any bearing on the engine running??. Yea I took out the set up, took everything i could, all plugs etc.

Nah Auckland for uni, Reporoa, just south of Rotorua for my car.

yeah that plug is not for the ecu, only stuff you need off it to run the engine is cold start switch and the tvis power from memory. rest is just junk.

but you do need the 3rd plug for the ecu to run, as there is a relay/ign connection and a batt connection for the ecu memory.

see if you can get the plug off the car, otherwise I'll have a look in the shed for one. if that fails, just go to a wreckers yard and check out any similar year toyotas - they generally have similar plugs.

just asked as I'm going to auckland this weekend and could give you some pointers on what to wire up as i've done a few of these now.

Yeah pulled this all this out in sep last year, so dont have a chance to get back to the car, got stolen.

That makes sence that i would have missed it because I tried to get it all with out cutting wires hahaha.

That would be sweet if you would have a look in your shed, cheers.

If I went to a Auto electrican would they have the 14p plug you think??

yeah i got the alternator plug luckly, just got caught by the trap for young players.

yeah I'd be real keen for the plug.

I gotta go to whakatane tomorrow, then travelling up to whitianga on fri. are you from around those ways?, or could you post it over??

thanks

Greg