Toyota crown engine options

Bdizzle

do you want to go auto or manual?

M series engines will bolt in but are just as fucked as the one your taking out, and more than likely have less power too.

also, any M series engine you end up with that isn't going to be a complete pile of shit will need wiring and a computer of some sort so why not use a N/A 1J or 2J? they are both fairly easy to find and fairly cheap.

the only part you might have a problem with is getting a mid sump one, but there not imposable to find.

1UZ will fit in a 80 series crown but you have to make allot of compromises and it ends up being a bit shit really....

I'm sure Gaz will tell you yo put a pinto in it soon so follow his advice :lol:

sheepers.

Well it's auto atm but wants to go manual i think, how bigger of a deal will that be? I'm pretty sure the g box is pretty shagged aswell.

had a quick look on trademe for the 1 and 2j's didnt find many. Would it be beter just to buy the whole car? rip the motor and whatever else i need and just sell as parts?

what about going for a Rb of some sort? or would that cause alot of work ect.

Im pretty sure he dosnt want to put a 8 in either.

you could chuck any straight 6 in you like really, but your more likely to get helpful people who know what they're talking about giving you advice if you "keep it in the family" join toymods, if you haven't already. there is a MS57 with a 2JZ-GE in it and there is some good info about the motor, theres also a guy called gianttomato who is very onto it with crown engine swaps, if you have a look at some of his projects you'll get a good idea of what motors to look out for (by that i mean what car they came out of) to get the right combo of sump, oil filter location, computer plug type and such.

manual shouldn't be too much of a problem, it depends how much money you want to throw at it.

if its less than 5k then buy a second hand 5M for 200$ and save some cash.

my 2c.

sheepers.

After reading a few threads on the toyota forums i think i might stick with the M series for now, due to my lack of mechanical knowledge and the costs. cheers for the advice, some of those cunts on toymods really love their toyotas haha.

I did a quick search on Tardme and only found 1 car with a 5mge...