4K wiring help!

Nate-R32

Hey guys, I am currently helping a mate build a KP61 skid car. Basicly it is a standard 4K in a bare shell with a seat and steering wheel.

We have the motor starting and running but not yet holding an idle but that is easy stuff, We need to get the alternator running but that is prooving a nightmare.

Because we have started the wiring from scratch (as it is push button start) we don't have the 3 pin plug for the alternator, or know what each of the 3 wires, or the bolt terminal do or if there is any more i havent seen.

Has anyone had any expecience with this or am I pushing shit up hill trying to wire it myself?

Nate

where are you located? i just pulled this wiring out of my car for an engine conversion as im running an internally regd alternator.

also have the old external reg if you don't have it, plugs etc. Could probably track what most of the wiring does. From memory though all 3 wires on the actual alternator plug went to the reg...

99% sure it would be externally regd, unless its been modified.

here is the wiring off a 3K, should be all the same if yours is externally regd.

I have these plugs and the regulator if you need them. the bolt terminal will also be a 12v+ BATT connection, won't charge without it.

IF it is internally regulated, it should only be 3 wires + the bolt terminal which will be batt still. other 3 wires would be 12v+ batt, 12v+ ign and warning light.

3K-ALTERNATOR-WIRING.jpg

It has 3 pins in the formation shown on above pic, so one would assume i require a regulator. For starters I assume I connect the bolt on terminal to the battery + using heavy-ish cable, How much you want for plug and regulator?