Stagefumer11s R30 coupe. Full rebuild!

stagefumer11

Hey guys well its about time i put up some pics of the Hr30 coupe.

Now im going to need help. Here is a little story to keep you lot in formed.

I got this r30 5 years ago from my grandfather. Lucky for me it was handed down to me at no cost, but for me to get Her back on the road. Now as a young lad. Well you know how you would feel. Your first car Is a old school classic skyline.

The great thing, They had it from brand new. So i know the whole history. (which wasnt the great). The gist of it is, I replaced over 20 items in the car over these years, The first time getting it on the road, consisted of ball joints seatbelts, tires, headlights, ect.. i wont go on.

Here is one of the first pics i got, Only had her a year at this point, She was road legal.

2_Skylines_1.jpg

From that, It was a matter of fitting a rb20det turbo after the facotry one blew, I could only run 8psi which made 108rwkw. Upgrading the turbo, and a larger FMIC, And many other mods that came in the process, It made 132rwkw on 16psi or so.

14months ago, I got her painted, Here are some pics from that time

DSCF0369.jpg

DSCF0357.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

The time has come, Where the l20et is pretty tired, She has done a nice 480,000k And the missis 1800cc MX5 started to become quicker (lost alot of power) From this point onwards i dont have pictures, So descriptions are all i can give,

At this time, the l20et has been removed, A N42/42 l28 is being rebuilt, A custom RIPS intake is going to be made. I have a Large Holset hx30 Turbo rated to a nice 500hp, And new and excessively large intercooler. And ofcorse alot more stuff to come, The most rust repairs.

Now this is where the fun begins. I am painting it again. Since the last job was a crap rip me off job it needs to be redone. Im looking for a new scheme to which i can do this in. Dont take me wrong i love the red over the black/blue perl that it has now. But maybe for something more modent.

Id love for some of you guys to work some magic and see what you can come up with.

here are some of my tryes :)

recolour1.jpg

recolour111.jpg

recolour111copy.jpg

purplefinished.jpg

red.jpg

Whiteline baby!

DSCF0458.jpg

DSCF0456.jpg

kei office height adjustables

DSCF0457.jpg

DSCF0453.jpg

DSCF0492.jpg

r33 4 pots and s13 hubs.

DSCF0455.jpg

DSCF0452.jpg

Some engine bay work

enginebayrightside.jpg

enginebayprep1.jpg

enginebayleftside.jpg

paint! - well etch primer and then 6 coats of high build

coat4.jpg

coat42.jpg

coat41.jpg

Kei office rears

DSCF0433.jpg

custom radiator

DSCF0428.jpg

DSCF0432.jpg

DSCF0431.jpg

Got alot more, Picked up the new paint yesterday, looks fantastic cannot wait for that to go on. Reconed the steering rack. New inner and outer tie rod ends, Converted to power steering, New lower control arms you name it, ive done it. :) Will update soon

After letting the paint set for two weeks... (had to be safe) I hit the town and started installing all the new/rebuilt gear

DSCF0580.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0574.jpg

Got the intercooler, oil cool and radiator mounted

DSCF0579.jpg

DSCF0578.jpg

I cleaned up. HOLY MOTHER I HAVE ROOM!

DSCF0596.jpg

L28 Motor fully rebuilt. Sure is purrdy

DSCF0612.jpg

fully rebuilt head, with a mild port job. and custom rocker cover

DSCF0535.jpg

DSCF0534.jpg

DSCF0532.jpg

DSCF0529.jpg

DSCF0539.jpg

My custom Pallnet fuel rail from the states

DSCF0522.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

Been working on the outside... Fitting the flares and side skirts. Bit of work involved in the middle of joining the sideskirts where i had to lenthen them

DSCF0608.jpg

DSCF0607.jpg

DSCF0606.jpg

DSCF0609.jpg

DSCF0611.jpg

Just put 90% of the inerior back in.. Id have more pics my my partner.. well she droped the camera in water :(

DSCF0599.jpg

ALot more work now on the outside.. Consists of all the sideskirts been fitted and lenthend. Flares molded on. There is a bit more work involved there.

Custom front bumper is in the works also. Consists of a doluck copy r32 unit, Bottom cut off... Side skirt profiles copyed onto it also. Ive got alot of work ahead of me on that one. Due to me being lazy ill just post 100's of random pics up

Photo0026-1.jpg

Photo0023.jpg

Photo0021.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Photo0006.jpg

Photo0004-1.jpg

Photo0003-1.jpg

Photo0002-1.jpg

Photo0001-2.jpg

Photo0007.jpg

Photo0008.jpg

Photo0026.jpg

Photo0013.jpg

Photo0016-Copy.jpg

Photo0017.jpg

Spent the weekend fibeglassing the flares. I used thing 5mm hardboard glued to the face of the flares to produce a sharp edge (you can see in the old pics) We glassed over them to seal them off.

Here is some pics of the finial product I put down some matt black to check finial lines to see it was the right shape. Its starting to take shape.

Photo0031.jpg

Photo0030.jpg

Photo0028.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

This is on the of the rear flares to show what it looks like with a simple rough in..... **cough cough** love that fiber glass dust

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0036.jpg

Here is some more :)

Ive been working though the custom intake work.

Here is a mock up of the plenum Flange and runners

intakeinlineside-1.jpg

Intakeinline.jpg

orginalflange.jpg

intakeinlineside.jpg

Mounted to the spare head, (all at work ;) ) Testing runner lenth and showing how much i have to port out the flange to match the runner. Also showing is my pallnet fuel rail and 550cc rx7 injectors

runnersfuelrail.jpg

runnervrsflange.jpg

pressureguage.jpg

Enjoy

A little update. Not much, I jacked the Ol girl up off the ground, Droped in the l28, Mocked up my intake.

Big pain in the ass is that the hx40w turbo and the stock exhasut manifold causes it to hit the crossmemeber and the engine mount. Im now after a larual l20et exhasut manifold which locates the turbo back more a good 60+mm

Anyway here are just some random pics of goodness

DSCF2125.jpg

DSCF2127.jpg

DSCF2128.jpg

DSCF2129.jpg

DSCF2131.jpg

DSCF2132.jpg

DSCF2139.jpg

DSCF2137.jpg

• 4 years later...