MESDUP's 79 323 Hatchback

MESDUP

A little update,

just spent another $800 on chroming, did a pretty good job tho brings out every imperfection.

One of my tail light surrounds was rust pitted and had bubbled through so they repaired and chromed it which all up only cost $115

skidz083.jpg

floor has been done with bedliner paint (same as what you do your ute deck with) as im not going to carpet it.

also purchased a new steering wheel that sits 100mm out than most which is good as my news sat in the way of the old one

3614797368a10118106990o.jpg

skidz078.jpg

still finishing my steering off, new idler arm,ball joints, tie rod inner/outer.

just waiting on struts to get painted and tie rod thread to be made

skidz079.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So got the boot painted, pics are pretty shitty, looks better with a bit of natural light on it

also sent surge tank off to get pollished.

skidz002.jpg

skidz003.jpg

skidz004.jpg

also sent rear bumper away to get all the dings taken out of it and re chromed ($590 later :x ) and bumper mounts are getting powder coated also

• 2 weeks later...

So heres the bumper, coated in odourless fish oil (which actually stinks and is hard to get rid of the smell out of your hands) and mounts powder coated, still got to get the coach bolts chromed

Before:

1408081641pj2.jpg

After:

skidz010.jpg

skidz009.jpg

skidz011.jpg

• 1 year later...