xafordgod's " TRU BLU " XD speedway car

My latest addition to the family I thought Id share with you guys. 1979 XD falcon dirt track car I have just purchased. 4.1 and 4spd with a locked diff. This car is what you call C Grade ( no not group C....lol ) and I am going to paint it and sticker it up like Dicks tru-blu xd that won bathurst in 1981. ( great year 1981, the year I was born as well as the year Dick first won bathurst. ) Anyway, heres some pics of it as I bought it, I will post some more pics once its painted and sign written.

Yes, it is a trademe special...lol

67938417_full.jpg

67938272_full.jpg

67938213_full.jpg

Cheers,

Brendon

Couple more pics I took today. My mates commodore I painted for him about a month ago when he bought it. I am doing some more paintwork to his car tomorrow. ( good ol' somsors aye ). His commodore is in the hobby grade, 1 grade below me. In the hobby grade, cars have to remain standard in everyway apart from roll cage. My grade, you are allowed modifications, ie motor, diffs, body, suspension etc.

comandfalc1.jpg

comandfalc2.jpg

comandfalc3.jpg

comandfalc4.jpg

comandfalc5.jpg

comandfalc6.jpg

Also painted the rims on tru blu gold and also a few spare rims aswell. Been a busy evening. Will put pics of the rims on the car painted tomorrow.

Cheers,

Brendon

Had practice day last week. Im new to dirt track racing and this car and I did considerably well. Had one problem, being a xd falcon, it has leaf springs in the rear and big 3 inch lowering blocks. I had about 23psi in the rear tyres and was going great, fast, flying really. Anyway, I dropped the rear tyres down to about 16psi and went for a spin. 2 laps into it, blew my right rear tyre. What caused it was the lower tyre pressure and the tyre rolling under hard cornering, the tyre rubbed against the u bolt threads under leaf spring and blew my tyre. I have got 2 rims in now getting the offset adjusted so Im ready for the race meeting this sunday. Apart from that, the car is excellent. Heres a couple of pics of me in action at practice last week. Forgot my camera so pics are taken from Kellys cellphone.

trubluracing1.jpg

trubluracing2.jpg

trubluracing4.jpg

Cheers,

Brendon

• 1 month later...

Finally, some good weather and we finally had a race meeting. First time out on the track in this car with a full grid of cars, not by myself at practice. Today was my first offical race meeting and it happened to have been the c grade chamionship. Well all good. We had 12 cars, and 3 races with points for each race totalled to give you the total score at the end. Well out of 12 cars, my very first race meeting and I came 7th. Not too shabby for a first timer against a flock of comodores and my mates cordia ( number 17 ). Heres a few pics of me in action. Also, another mate of mine raced also, number 24 xf falcon is his car.

Ben ( 17 cordia ) and I were battling with each other all day. Great racing!

Anyway, sorry for the late reply guys. Weather hasnt been the best lately. Finally got my first meeting last month. Car come out without a scratch and was really flying. Heres some pics. Hope you enjoy.

mn1578.jpg

mn4726.jpg

mn1560.jpg

mn1578-1.jpg

mn1598.jpg

mn4720.jpg

mn4726-1.jpg

mn1558.jpg

mn1428.jpg

mn1444.jpg

mn1448.jpg

mn1364.jpg

Image6-1.jpg

Image47.jpg

Image36.jpg

Image34.jpg

Image23.jpg

Image17-1.jpg

Image13-1.jpg

Cheers,

Brendon

Just spent the day fitting my new motor. Raced up 4.1 crossflow. Big port head, redline intake, 500cfm 2 barrel holley, ported, polished & planed head, headers, stage 4 cam, oversize flat top pistons, electronic ignition etc etc. Revs to 7000rpm with ease. Was dynoed at 280hp at the wheels. Anyway, very, very grunty engine. Off to oxford tomorrow for a practice for nexts sundays oxford meeting.

Heres some pics.

newmotor1.jpg

newmotor2.jpg

newmotor3.jpg

newmotor4.jpg

Also put my user name on windshield...lol. Good advertising.

newmotor5.jpg

newmotor6.jpg

Cheers,

Brendon