steelies' boat - not the falcon

Steelies

right i'm not a boatie, i inherited this beast from my father. love it though, real purdy and its where i live. obviously it doesnt even have anything to do with the forum but yeah.

- 36ft 1930s (maybe 1928?) kauri carvel motor launch. 80 yrs old and still cranking

- Ford trader diesel (ford straight sixes are the bain of my existence)

- built in auck, taken by airforce to tow barges in pacific islands in war time, been family kruzin NZ since. dad got it in 2000, mine since end of 07.

boat1.jpg

boat2.jpg

• 2 years later...

SOLD.

sad, but gone to a good home, staying in same berth even

end of an era, movin' on etc.

now useless info but interesting none the less; she was built for Len Heard (barleysugars fame) named kenya, he sold it in 1938 and retained the name for his next boat, Kenya II.

anyone know our mate shagan/jacob, owner of the illustrious 208? his grandfather drove it in Fiji during the war! dad took him out for a spin a few years back. he loved it, and puked. thats where we got the war photos.

will miss the old girl, but not the worrying everytime theres a galeforce storm here, ie weekly.

- end of thread :(