My Isuzu TE Gemini

I picked up this beaut on sat. was completely stock when I got it so I spent all last night and this morning putting springs and adj panhard rod in it from my coupe. Just need some shorter shocks to keep it captive and the back will go another 1/2-1" lower to keep it level. I need to adjust the panhard rod a bit as it rubs on one side but pretty good other than that, little bit bouncy. Also bashed inside lip so it doesn't rub feck all.

dscf3438tc2.jpg

dscf3428mso3.jpg

Just running stock 1600 atm but am going to finish porting my g200z from the coupe and fix head gasket issue, put twin 40mm webbers and extractors on it and bam! Sweet daily 8)

Also took off Holden badge and put Isuzu badge from my spare TX bonnet on there :P

Rear finished, put Piazza gas shocks in to keep captive. Need to sort front now. I want to space the fronts out to bring them flush with the guards then goto a smaller tire. Spent 2-3 hours getting guards to fit, only rubs slightly now but want to get rid of the noise

Will work on the engine this weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Been doing a few bits on the old g200 from the coupe. After work at night I've been doing a bit of porting and did a whole day today as I had the day off. Probably 8 hours spent so far with probably 4-5 hours left to go.

I forgot to get some pics of the original inlet, but heres one of the exhaust port. these were disgusting! Pictures really don't show how ugly they are. The valve seat is pretty much a sharp 90deg bend to the port runner with a massive protrusion on the short side? Unfortunately the longer wall can't be made straight as it will probably blow into where the head stud runs through but I managed to get them ok.

dscf3566dl9.jpg

Anyway.. went nuts with carbide bit, not the finished article though.

dscf3562fz6.jpg

dscf3570zc5.jpg

Few of the inlet pretty much finished, will need to re-do the bowls when new valves are in though. 150g hand finish, this took ages :rolleyes:

dscf3560gz8.jpg

dscf3535ln8.jpg

dscf3532li5.jpg

Also decided I'd install a stereo since its a daily driver for long journeys with friends etc, meh.

• 4 weeks later...

Been doing a bit on the daily lately. I put 40mm webers on which aren't tuned for the 1600 but gives it a bit more power untill I get the g200z in. Electronic ignition, extractors, 57mm exhaust, ZZ/R disc brake LSD diff all in. I'm getting hubcentric spacers made for the front and will mount the 165/45/15's when they are put on :D

Also stole the front sway bar from the coupe as I'll be going to a full adjustable and won't need it. Still some issues with lowering job, so I need to have a play around with shocks and springs.

Goes fucking mean on gravel, huuuuuuge fun! :twisted:

dscf3639mu2.jpg

dscf3643kt7.jpg

dscf3644hi8.jpg

dscf3656ux5.jpg

dscf3649np3.jpg

• 1 month later...

The daily Gem has been going great, done a few 1000k's in it now and it hasn't broken even with the odd thrashing! :D

Got my block back which has been skimmed. So I painted it up and installed the crank and old .050mm pistons, looks as though it has been balanced beforehand too.

dscf3848bc5.jpg

dscf3851sd1.jpg

The head and and flywheel should be done next week. I'm getting 4ZD1 Rodeo exhaust valves put it which just need the seat machined to fit and Commodore V6 inlet valves which need the stem cut and machined with new seats. Then the head will be skimmed and flywheel lightened.

This should fix the head gasket problems I've had with it, and should go pretty well too 8)

Got my head and flywheel back on friday. So I was going to blend the new seats in and pop the head on.. but got carried away as usual.

Standard combustion chambers, note valve shrouding and strange knob next to the spark plug hole?

dscf3892ly0.jpg

Grindey grindey! took a few hours to do the lot while running through my head "this is probably achieving jack shit" but I carried on. :lol:

Those are spare standard valves, just used them to protect the seats. :wink:

dscf3899cs6.jpg

Zing zing, needs a quick tidy up and the other 3 finishing

dscf3898if1.jpg

2mm oversize valves (commodore v6 and 4zd1 as explained in the last post)

dscf3902bo8.jpg

They managed to get the stock flywheel from 10.1kg down to 7.8kg. Still nice and heavy for road use but not too lazy I hope.

dscf3886bi0.jpg