cute wee gem's Isuzu TX Gemini Coupe

Decided to just start this thread again as there was lots of crap in it and couldn't be bothered editing half the posts. So..

The car itself. I have decided to do a bare metal respray in cream/off white with black window surrounds, grille etc

dscf2308on9.jpg

dscf2309il4.jpg

The suspension and brakes. King springs, Whiteline sway bar, ZZR lsd/disk brake diff, adjustable panhard rod, Audi rotors on the front with Commodore calipers and Ferodo pads

gemini017jh8.jpg

dizzy0040ronl0.jpg

The engine. Was running a mild g200z but decided that it wasn't cutting the mustard

dscf1966kd5.jpg

The swap. 3rd generation 3sge from an ST202 Celica, blacktop 4age quad throttle bodies, light flywheel, cams etc

dscf2403ce9.jpg

The water outlet out of the back of the head needs to be cut down so I can mount the engine as far back as possible. I'll run the coolant sensors further down the line.

dscf2703ur4.jpg

The cam cover sits too high so this will be modified

dscf2717sq0.jpg

The old oil pickup was mounted right at the front, unfortunately there isn't much room at the front as the Gem's steering rack is about 60mm from the front of the block so I decided to make a winged sump from scratch at the rear where the original g200z sump was. Quick mock up, just needs welding but you get the idea

dscf2727ff5.jpg

Few quick pics. This is very close to the final mounting position

dscf2732ty5.jpg

dscf2733ey0.jpg

dscf2736jn1.jpg

dscf2737mw0.jpg

dscf2729zi8.jpg

Head clearance. The dizzy also comes out the back but is not being used, a 60-2 trigger wheel and VR sensor are to be mounted on the front pulley instead. Keep in mind the water outlet still needs to go in there.

dscf2710tv2.jpg