8vPete's Citroën CXs - 1980 Break and 1978 Pallas

V8Pete

I bought this machine in February for $450 from Christchurch. The freight cost more than the car, and it arrived on my driveway on Friday.

img1613sn0.jpg

img1614ej3.jpg

img1615bn3.jpg

Plans are to see what's in the millions of boxes of spares in the back, dry the interior out, get it WOFed, reged and reliable, then drive it to Waimate. :)

Discussion link:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13912

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been on a job away from home for the last six months so haven't been able to make any progress on Break, but have acquired a Pallas :lol:

It's so fun and weird - feels like I'm gonna get tipped out when doing left hand corners at speed and self-centering steering needs adjusting as it currently makes the car swerve into oncoming traffic if one's grip on the steering wheel, which appears to be made of chewing gum, is released. The drive home in the dark sans rear view mirror and left hand wing mirror also made for fun passing. Also, no one passed me and it feels heaps less 1978 than I was expecting doing the ton.

Went for lunch and coffee run to Red Rock in Patea today and then went to Patea power station which is a choice drive including about 10 km of driving over someone's farm with heaps of cute baby lambs. Silly thing wouldn't start when I decided to leave the dam so had to push start it. Aside from that and me now smelling like coolant and petrol, it was sweet.

Some pictures of it and dam:

img2599k.jpg

img2605.jpg

img2618e.jpg

img2608k.jpg

img2613s.jpg

img2614d.jpg

img2615m.jpg

• 3 months later...