lowgans 1987 skyline silhouette

lowgan

after trying to find a mad sack of shit we could carby turbz up (CS performance!!) we came across this. not quite the 910 datto or sunny we were looking for, but saw the mad potential all the same. and my love with 80's 4door jap cars took over. haha the end

pictures up soon with more etc to come.

lowgazm068.jpg

^^^ here it is, in its standard beauty, hahahaah.

its a 1987 r31 skyline silhouette. its a series 2. with the stovetop series 3 tailights (mandatory!!)

pretty much stock, other than a 4puk clutch and a k&n pod filter.

has the sweet grunt of the rb30e, rofl.

5speed manual with a limited slipper. (yet causes more slip than usual(ie both wheels), if u kno wat i mean=])

• 2 weeks later...

been doing a few little things, had a leaky diff, which i managed to fix piece of piss, changed the diff oil aswell naturally. took off the huge roof ariel thing. and also removed the trailer plug that was still hanging off the rear after towbar removal.

been tryn to suss some stuff for converting it over to s13 coilovers.

gave it a lil tidy up, heres some interior pictures just to show how mint it is.

58868408_full-1.jpg

58868445_full-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

ok another small update, not much has happend as i had a mate die and had to roll down to palmy for a bit. any way, have come through some ideas.

half decided on wheels. not gona use the enkeis,

15x8-sm.jpg

15x8 -4offset.

kinda bland looking, suit the car. mean.

found how to do the coilover swap stuff. and decided on a set of BC coilovers. gona be $1200 from dodsons, just gota get some other parts first for the conversion.

found that the farm owner has a beach buggy in the back of a hay shed. with a pair of black momo seats. kinda mint condition.

they have never used it since they got it, hes a wanker and his wife is the devil so the seats shall disappear.

anybodys ideas would be well appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

ok sold the cressida easy as, sad to see it go, but has free'd up some cash.

had a talk to andy at dodsons, gona get a set of s13 BC VA coilovers,

8kg and 6kg springs. which he said shouldnt be too stiff for cert with that size car.

he had a look when they were coming in, and noticed that theres a set of s12 silvia coilovers coming, and apparently they bolt straight up.ftw. but wont be able to change brakes as easy etc. ftl

so not to sure what way 2 go.

57905694_full.jpg

coilovers are 2weeks away.

also got hold of dudes from top town and now have these on the way, 5 weeks nw. 15x8 0 offset.

Banzai_1580_3.jpg

brought 2 12inch thermo fans. yet to put on.

and finally put in a stereo, pioneer mp3 headunit, front components and 6inch rears.

• 2 weeks later...

Well today, logan came round to mine and we started the s13/laurel/cefiro suspension conversion.

its was pretty gay conversion but we had awsome burgers for lunch..........

also this is a really good way to SLAM your r31 skyline. it sacked it a good 10-15mm from standard. lol

After we dropped out the old shitty stuff we tried to put in the new shitty stuff. It was pretty much bolt in except the steering arm is 3mm thicker on the cefiro/s13/laurel hub carrier then on the stock r31.

102_3636.jpg

The old man is ace at everything, so he just said "giv it ere an ill fix" and mounted the hub carrier in our trusty lathe/mill and went nuts

102_3635.jpg

102_3640.jpg

102_3637.jpg

now it is a bolt in conversion

Logan is a happy chappy when we realised that this shit wont fit easyish

102_3632.jpg\

Then we went to do the other side but the fucking awsomely smart guy at the wrecker gave him the wrong bolts to bolt the hubcarrier to the strut. but again we called on my old man and he turned down 2 bigger bolts and we used wheelnuts to bolt everything together.

102_3645.jpg

102_3644.jpg

sweet. now we gotta finish the other side tomorrow. bleed, test, maybe make some makita 1-ways.

Next he has to wait for his coilovers to turn up and then it can have epic slammage

chur chur

102_3638.jpg

soo yea got all my cef shit hooked up, ready for s13 coilovers to bolt straight up.

rang up the dude andy at dodsons to check on my coilovers, said hes not to sure when they will be here, wtf? i want them now! so currently finding how i can get some fast

also need wheel alignment shit.

and talked to a dude thats building a rb30det into a VL commy, was mega helpful. gona go see the local engine builder.

considering forgies aswell. may be some time away.

wheels shall be here soon aslo, and thinking 195/50's. hopefully will just need a lil gaurd roll.

exciting exciting.

ahhh yes found the first problem with the conversion. tie rod ends are like wrong angle and mega maxed out may need to change the steering rack etc, to a31 cefiro, or i think r32 may even work.

heres a sweet pic because im cold and dont wana get on the ground to take photo etc

untitled.jpg

note extreme ball joint angle.

also after realising my lsd is an utter sack of shit, i called up steelie gears.

the dude owns some r31's aswel, and said ima good man=] cos iv got a manual.etc.

said the cones in standard lsd are way homosexual. that he can change it up and make it ok.

i was like mega epicness!!!! can you make it tight as fuck? hes said yes..... :D

$200, so will get this done in future times

skid.jpg

^^^ example picture, note green aura of epicness

• 2 weeks later...

so a lil no pic update, coilovers finally arrived.

and got pieces to sort steering shit problems, L300 rack ends and a31/r32 tierod ends.

also brought 38mm wastegate.

rims shouldnt be too far away now either.

exciting exciting

edit: also brought new plates, haha off trademe 'LAZYOS'

• 2 weeks later...

went into excell autos and me and the mechanic played musical fucking rack ends all day long.

after going thru about 100boxs of rack ends at bnt i found some that fitted the standard r31 aussie spec rack and r32 tie rod ends onto my hubs,

part number SR7750 if anyone wants to do same conversion, l300 rack arms like people say are too long and you cant get a wheel alignment

soo the whip now has a sweet wheel alignment (wheres spell check on this shit?)

also wound the rear down anothe inch, perfect stance, photos to come.

also rolled the rear guards a lil as they started rubbing.

changed diff fluid, proper lsd shit as i think previous stuff may not of been, was yuk and black so was a good choice anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

logans gay so im posting for him

Chucked one of my spare coilover springs in the rear (it was waaaaaaay shorter than stock) and wound it down a lil and now it sits perfect and level and shit at 51mm to the chassis :lol: .

got the rb25 bolted in all sweet and I modified a 80mm throttle body to work with his tps etc. getting intercooler mounted and plumbed this weekend then it should be a driver(depends how good logans wiring is) lol

DSC03447.jpg

DSC03450.jpg

also there is a new steed in logans stable. note the matching paint job with the r31 lol. that one is next in line for a whack with the turbo stick.

DSC03449.jpg

so yuh, hopefully a smokier update next time. and all going well he is gonna try and get it to the track day.

Dave.

• 2 weeks later...

um yea so a few of you will kno, but the car goes now.

need an adjustable panhard bar, exhaust and yea will get wof/ cert.

we have videos of first start up/test drive. will get them on youtube sumhow.

hopefully will be at the os nats.

and then its all go for the 910

• 4 months later...

IMG_0541-1.jpg

Just went for a thrash in this. I gave him a set of old 195/50/15's I had lying around and holy fuck they are plastic as shit. Hook second and she just slides forever. he's heading down to Taupo on the 18th so should be able to grab a few decent pics/vids of it there.

Its a pretty sweet daily :lol: