WARTYM's 77' Mahindra Jeep 1GGTE Powered

WARTYM

hey guys have been working on a project for over 1 year now its a 1977 Mahindra CJ4A Jeep it is made in India under licence from Willy's so is identical to a 1940 Willy's jeep same as the ones that were used it the war

i'll just put up seperate posts for everything iv done to it so far and get you guys up to date

sponsored by import customs

What i have here is a 1977 Mahindra CJ4A built under licence from Willy's from the 40's till the early 80's. My jeep has served as a Military Vehicle in the Indian army.

dsc00082uu1.jpg

The Jeep :

Engine: Toyota 3y 2000cc engine Certed

Gearbox: 3spd 4x4 high low in 2wd and 4wd

yeah its pretty rough regos on hold was going to paint my self but i have no idea LOL so now im fully sponsored by import customs for full show finsh panel and paint

The Aim WAS to get this sukka back on the road (as theres only about a handfull of these on the road pretty rare) get a custom fibreglass sub/speaker box to go behind the seats some new buckets steering wheel

stereo insteed of the am/fm radio thats in it LOL paint and im rolling

But now me and dad have got the idea to slam a sr20det in there or a ford V6 Turbo - but decided to go 1ggte supra twin turbo styles

After the paint some rims need to go on as the stock ones look a bit odd

MORE PICTURES TO COME:

haha well i got board so was chucking around some ideas for the jeep in photoshop

here is one:

Standerd:

frontwitholdplatebi4.jpg

Idea:

racejeepflashinglightssx0.gif

Imagine turning up to a drag strip with a War Time Jeep With Slicks, and a few hundred hp to boost Hahaha :D

Im going to do a FEW of the things like in the picture like the carbon fibre front bar/bumper etc..

As for progress on this, well there has been pretty much none as i am still waiting on a new petrol tank to arrive from overseas ( bloody hard to find parts for something like this lol )

Should be At Import Customs Getting A Mad Paint Job & .....

Latest photo, with bucket seats installed, roll cage/bar fully mounted

lol projects taking a little longer than i expected, big delay because of my old petrol tank having holes in it so ordered a new one from india, (was bloddy hard to find but found a new one after ages of searching)

so just waiting on that and few other parts for the jeep to

need to replace all shocks and leafsprings as it sags to one side lol

dsc00042mr3.jpg

hey guys my dad just brought in a some more parts for me8) 8)

new light lenses, full orignal decals/badges, full set of brake pads, petrol sensor, fuel cap, joint cross's, lots of new rubber parts (eg, windsreen stops, gearbox seal, petrol seal, side mirrors, bonnet clips and also found a boss kit in there too ( to bad it doesnt fit :( )

image022ff7.jpg

petrol tank should be here by the end of next week too

also got some alloys for now, they are 15x8 with 215x60x15r snow tyres on it, if i can find some nicer bigger rims i will keep these for burnouts and drag

here is a photo of the jeep with new rims and tyres

image016eg6.jpg

also dad got me a new HTC S710 Windows Mobile 6 Cellphone 8):D from over there too

hey guys shipping company this morning just droped my motor off today :D

its a 1G-GTE out of a supra

Its a Gen 3 so its running about 11psi standard

twin turbo

intercooled from factory

2.0Ltr Straight 6

about 240hp stock

cant wait to see the motor in the jeep

pssssst, waaaaa pssssttt :lol::lol:

here's a picture

image047nl4.jpg

just trying to find some nicer rims, dont really mind if they are like 15 or 16 4x4 rims as long as there are wide enough for me, and have a good offset and dish so that the rims sticks out like 50-100mm out of the gaurds and but some nice wide road tyres on them and i was thinking lowering blocks ? :?:?:

Empty Engine Bay

image054sw3.jpg

Out With The Old 3Y

image058at9.jpg

The Supra Bellhousing Fits The Mahindra Gearbox, Luckly There was a mahindra to W56 gearbox adaptor plate made by the previous owner, was just a mater of taking it off the old 3y bellhousing and bolting it onto the 1G-GTE bellhousing

image056cf5.jpg

Random Shot

image055cq2.jpg

Well just wanted to see how it would fit and what would need modifying to fit the 1G-GTE engine into the mahindra

Here are some pics

The Engine Still Need to go back more as the flywheel has just reached the front of the bellhousing so hasn't gone in yet

image064cq3.jpg

image065ft2.jpg

image066wk7.jpg

image067xx9.jpg

image068ue8.jpg

Also Bloody Good Thing about working with a jeep is that the side front guards bolt off to revel the chassis frame no gay engine bay side chassis like cars do haha

A little bit of the firewall will need to be cut & the battery box either removed or cut to fit the engine

After I have Modified The Bits to fit the engine into the jeep, ( not including mounts ) next will be fit of new accelerator pedal box, new clutch pedal box, new brake pedal box along with new brake booster

Had another problem, the clutch i got my 1g-gte flywheel was too big for my mahindra gearbox input shaft, tryed to use the old mahindra flywheel but wouldnt fit inside the 1g-gte pressure plate, then tryed to used the mahindra/3y pressure plate and clutch on the 1g-gte flywheel but the pressureplate bolts were differant :evil::evil:

So Thats Were I had to spend some money for a new clutch plate that was smaller than 9" and would fit my gearbox input shaft, tryed just jeeps in auckland they had a brand new 8.5" clutch plate for a willys jeep ordered that overnight yesterday got it this morning and it fits 8)8)

Here A Picture Of my New Clutch Plate (Pretty Expensive Too :shock: )

My New 8.5" Clutch Plate

dsc00061zy6.jpg

New One Compared With My Old One

dsc00063sg0.jpg

:D well got the new hydraulic clutch (the old one was a cable) working & just the rear brakes lines need to be finished which will be done tomorrow 8)

Brake Booster & Clutch Cyl Installed

dsc00079lt8.jpg

dsc00083rj3.jpg

dsc00084wd6.jpg

The Old Brake Booster :lol:

dsc00082rj0.jpg

New Pedal Set Up

dsc00081er1.jpg

This is the new seat i got for the rear its out of a Suzuki

dsc00085hc7.jpg

dsc00086ug9.jpg

Few Random Shots

dsc00088hp7.jpg

dsc00089zl7.jpg

dsc00090hp3.jpg

Got a company called Allison Engineering that does onsite Engineering he works from home To make custom engine mounts

the engine is finally in the hole with new mounts 8):D8):D

image086uh5.jpg

Battery & Radiator mocked up, with the new radiator i have loads of room :)

image092tj0.jpg

I'll get some photos of the mounts tomorrow in the sunlight :lol:

PROJECT MAHINDRA ROARED INTO LIFE :thumright:

got it wired by On-Site "Performance Auto Electrical"

He did a bloody awesome job too

No start up video cause i couldnt find the camara plus the intercooler has not arrived so was not running nice a smoothly and afm was just held on to the intake casue am waiting on the parts to arrive but atleast i know the engine runs

So Start Up Video Will Be When All The Parts Arrive

Bring On The Weekend 8)