EFI_LCs 1986 Commodore Berlina

EFI_LC

I have let the Ute go and with some of the moola I bought this fairly Geniune VK aprt from the shunt in the front

I need to do a few things to tidy it up further but as its going to be my daily drive I don't plan on spending much on it.

$850.00 = Cost (Trademe)

A guy bought it off trademe a couple of weeks ago but his falcon shit its ECU so after paying nearly $1200 for it and putting 2 new tyres on it he had to sell it.

The gearbox has 2nd gear thats a bit dodgy sometimes but as I have a fully rebuilt 5-speed in the garage that I picked up cheap it can be replaced if I decide to. The bumper and grill will get replaced as soon as I find a cheap one or else I'll get the heat gun on it and reshape it then weld the broken bits. The engine has a low end miss which appears to be a sparking issue, heaps of spares in this department as well and will look at it over the next week or so plus if I get stuck I will ask someone who used to do warranty repairs on Holdens of yesteryear who may help.

Motor purrs and runs clean and cool.

I also bought a 253 with all the bits + auto for my sons HZ sedan but if he doesnt want it I may throw it in this :)

Heres some picks.

comm-damage-3.jpg

comm-damage-2.jpg

comm-damage-1.jpg

comm-1.jpg

comm-6.jpg

comm-8.jpg

comm-9.jpg

comm-10.jpg

comm-11.jpg

comm-12.jpg

comm-14.jpg

comm-15.jpg

comm-16.jpg

comm-2.jpg

Worked on the front of the VK and its come up pretty good until I find a mint bumper. Panel beated the bits into shape as well.

Red grill will get a painted same colour as trim and I will redo trim all round soon.

$40 for grill, headligh and indicator.

Gearbox was easy fix!

The shifter boot was back to front, once I turned it its all ok and stays in 2nd gear now. The boot/mount was removed when I bought the car obviously for this reason.

comm-front-1.jpg

comm-front-2.jpg

comm-front-3.jpg