welding tunnel

tenyearguarantee

hey ive just got my hands onto a tunnel out of a cefiro, its to replace the tunnel in my ke10 so that my gear box will fit nicely (as opposed to making on from scratch)

what's the best way to weld it in? butt welds or have it like a lap joint?

if i do a lap joint how do i prep it so that there isnt any mosture between the two contacting faces

Mine is overlapped, just use seam sealer to keep moisture out combined with some good rust preventive paint like POR15. Its not really an area where you are likely to get a lot of moisture buildup.

Callum

so just take the contacting surfaces back to bare metal, weld as normal then spray the sealer then the primer?

Mine is overlapped, just use seam sealer to keep moisture out combined with some good rust preventive paint like POR15. Its not really an area where you are likely to get a lot of moisture buildup.

Callum

so just take the contacting surfaces back to bare metal, weld as normal then spray the sealer then the primer?

Use a mastick type sealer such as XXXX brand chassis sealant. It comes in a caulking tube

Also reccomend a good brand of weld through primer cant give you the brand but the shit I got is awesome

= pa 10 :D

so do i spray this on the bare metal then weld straight on top?

yeap