1973 HQ Belmont

R100

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been busy buying parts for my project.

Went to rarespares in Chch and got as many new parts as i could get, including Grill, headlight surrounds FULL rubber kit, new lenses front and rear, new arm rests, monaro door mirrors.

Also bought a new radiator and fan scroud

Got a low K 1997 VS V8 engine and auto trans, converting the 3 on the tree manual to auto on the tree.

Got a brand new Terra Charger supercharger kit that increases the power by around 60%

Will be off to the paint shop as a bare shell and built up from there.

mybeastie002tg2.jpg

boatman020km6.jpg

mybeastie011my7.jpg

mybeastie012wh4.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Because the wheels are so wide in the rear (20x10") they hit on the inner guards when driving on uneven ground, ie; driving down a driveway on an angle. I also want to get the car to sit real low aswell as be practical to drive on long trips.

The only way around this was to tub the rear and fit a set of airbags.

The floor above the diff has also been raised aswell as "c notching" the monocoque factory chassis rails. There has also been some steel removed from under the seat to allow the driveshaft to clear.

Not sure on the type of diff that will be used, but its looking like a 9" as i can choose the exact ratio i want.

junk010.jpg

junk016.jpg

junk021.jpg

junk013.jpg

junk012.jpg

The same sort of treatment is being done to the front, after my fabricator chopped the factory upper and lower wishbones up it was decided that its easier to fabricate a new set.

These along with a pair of 50mm drop spindles will enable me to get the chassis "laying frame".

A small part of the front chassis rail was needed to be sectioned to allow for the steering to clear.

junk008.jpg

junk014.jpg

junk017.jpg

• 1 month later...

Airbags are in, 9" diff has been shortened and fitted. Custom front wishbones fitted.

Car sits 1" off the ground on bump stops. It can be driven this low as well !

20x10" boyds sit nicely under rear arches for maximum slamage.

stuff015u.jpg

Track front a rear has been narrowed to allow wheels to tuck right up and steeering to turn lock to lock.

stuff016.jpg

stuff017.jpg

stuff021y.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread is so old that once the cars finished im going to re do it. It jumps all over the place with pics missing etc... 

Anyway heres a new pic to show updates.

Things are progressing well.

Found out yesterday that the 9" diff hits on the fuel tank, need to modify that to clear, will fit an intank surge tank in there at the same time.

Front discs are on along with front callipers brackets however i need to get the wheel offset changed as per previous post in order to fit the mag on.

Rear tubbing nearly completed.

Picked up a 4 spider 3.25 ration head last week. Should give me a nice motorway cruising speed if my sums are correct.

Head is so massive it only hits on everything so a bit of cutting under the rear seat is required.

When its sitting on its ass the drive shaft hits the floor so the driveshaft tunnel will need to be raised along its entirety approx 5cm.

sblh61.jpg

2w5vvjt.jpg

• Like 4