Treggo's Mk2 Capri.

treggo

Discussion -- //oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Hey boes,

I guess i should probably write myself a project thread so here it goes.

My car is a Mk2 capri thats in the process of getting ready for panel and paint.

I have had this car since I was fifteen and have quietly put money aside from my pay to get it painted up etc.

I have now saved enough and it will hopefully be in the panel beaters within the next 3 weeks.

It will be running a slightly worked pinto with street cam and 38dgas webber carb. (thanks retep).

The car is currently getting its chronic ride height issue sorted too.

Anyway enough of that here are the pics.

Test fitting the fiberglass front wing.

DSC00722.jpg

Getting stripped.

DSC00725.jpg

Whats going in it this weekend.

DSC00723.jpg

Colour I'm getting it painted.

DSC00709.jpg

Sort of test fitting the superlights.

DSC00724.jpg

and some older pictures of it.

mini-DSC00678.jpg

mini-DSC00675.jpg

mini-DSC00664.jpg

Hey boes.

Got tires fitted today, Don't look too bad so thats sweet.

My blocks have shown up so the rear is getting sorted tomorrow or saturday. Time to test for rubbing.

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

Got some pics of my 38dgas webber too.

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

I'm in the tron tomorrow to pick up new black trim for in the boot space and a freshly recored radiator.

So I test fitted a wheel on the car. I'm actually really pleased how they look, not too much guard gap but still could come down a bit.

here are some pics:

DSC00750.jpg

DSC00753.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

I haven't lowered the back yet as my custom u-bolts aren't done.

So thats a job for next week.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys.

I've been such a lazy cunt when it has come to this in the last few weeks. So its about time I get stuck into it and get shit done.

After a lot of thinking and with the help of you in my thread I have decided to keep it the original colour "Miami Blue", because I know it looks good and it won't make it too tacky.

Have decided to do it all properly and get the rust done right the first time. I'm not particularly keen spending so much money to have to do it again too soon down the track.

With that in mind does anybody have any recommendations on sandblasters/media blasters in the auckland region? Anyone had it done from here before? was it expensive etc?

Watch this space.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not really an update but a small progress report.

Got the car fully stripped inside and out including motor etc.

Then the car was towed away with promises of fast progress so that I could have it ready for February Aka OS nats..

Car has now been gone for the thick end of two months now and nothing to speak of has been done to it. I think will be driving down to speak to the fella doing the work after new years to help speed shit up.

On another note I have found an interior guy in Waiuku that is willing to do the re-trim for the cost of materials as long as I recommend him to others and put together a whole bunch of pc parts for him.

The plans for the car motor-wise at this stage involve me building up a "grumpy" N/A motor for it for the time being, but with the help of Jase (Eke-zetec) I plan on building up a turbo pinto for it in the not to distant future.

Hopefully it will come together soonish.

Peace.

• 2 weeks later...

More pics of rust work..

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

Oh some info.. The body was pretty sweet but we found a fuckload of bog in behind the rear guard on the drivers side. Easy fix though and learned how to do some welding etc

Inner guards at the front were clean as.

At this stage the car is nearly rust free.

Meke.

• 1 month later...

Lame update time. I have scored these

60033431_full.jpg

and some of these.

37115669_full.jpg

Car is about done panel wise, so its time i finally buy some paint. And I'm just trying to sort my head so i can send it down to Nismocapri for some love.

Also I'm trying to find some nice front indicators so and bumpers so I can do this

daniel7.l.jpg

Any help with either of the above would be great.

Fabulous

• 3 weeks later...

Rob has done fuck all work... Surprise surprise.

Anyways here it is with the quads mocked up

418327573a7094339498l.jpg

418327573a7094339457l.jpg

And the suspension has settled

418327573a7094339535l.jpg

Told him to get his shit together so hopefully will see some progress in the coming weeks...

• 1 month later...

Finally brought all my paint etc so should be getting sprayed in the next couple of weeks (probably months :doubt: )

Have got the pinto half pulled apart for the block to be sent to the machine shop to be overbored and for the head to be tested and sent down to user nismo.capri for some tweaking.

Updates without pictures are gay so here are some of the bits i picked up today for it.

Got some wickedly perfect doorcards for the interior (the yellow marks are dust not scuffs) Really pleased with how the interior is going to turn out, it will probably be one of the nicest things about the car.

CapriDoortrim2.jpg

CapriDoortrim5.jpg

CapriDoortrim6.jpg

CapriDoortrim1.jpg

Also picked up a nice straight rear bumper for it that has decent chrome

RearBumper2.jpg

At this stage I have most of my parts ready to go, once I rebuild the motor and the body work is sorted It should get done pretty quick.

Cheers, Matt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...