Old car - New car Wiring

WSKing

im trying to put a new head unit into the lancer but after removing them from the back of the lancer's old head unit, there are wires that aint the same colour as the new sony headunit ones.

it needs to go from

1108071402jw8.th.jpg

(from top to bottom) RED - BLACK - GREEN - BLACK W/ WHITE STRIPE - BLACK WITH YELLOW STRIPE

to:

1108071417cj5.th.jpg

(left to right) BLACK - YELLOW - RED

does anyone know what should do to what?

Roll down to dick smiths or something and get one of those $10 multimeters.

Then you can check the voltage of the wires and connect them properly. On your new wiring loom the yellow is most likeley the constant 12v the red is the ignition switched 12v and black is ground. Just get the multimeter and find out which wire in the old loom had 12v all the time. And which one only has 12 v when the key is on acc. And the ground is probably black.

Dont quote me on any of the colour/voltages tho. As they can sometimes be different. your headunit manual should say what colours what.

thanks for that bro.

but fuck i must be doing something wrong cause i aint geting no readings on the thing. but then i check the battery and its all good. and the fuse is fine.

fuck this is very very very very very very aggrevating

anyone know anything bout this?

Why not just follow the wires?

Ones going to the aerial and the speakers should be easy. Then there should be positive, negative and earth for the power that would be left. What else would there be?

Keep in mind that I dont know anything about electrics