Hemi's 1986 MITSUBISHI L200

Hemi

so yuh picked this up on saturday from warkworth

plans are to get better breathing carbs (32/36?) exhaust (side exit ftmfw)

and a cam.

also gonna get rid of the bench seat and get some seat out of a l200 sport and fix the rust that it has

thats it for now

P1000468.jpg

P1000466.jpg

Discussion Thread //oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/21924-mongols-ute/?hl=l200#entry561803

welll went to do a warrent check so i did a precheck found a few things wrong

#1 : the back is missing a very large amount of leaves

#2 : at full lock the wheels have been hitting the lower control arms and acting like grinders on them :(

#3: there si some rust on the thing (round gutters and small amount down by sill)

other then that saweeet pretty surpsied everything bar rust can take about 2 hours i think

now other things that neeed fixing

1:the fuel sender need replacing .

2:the thermostat needs replacing

3:tints need redoing

need new headunit ( i threw the other one out the window on the highway angry stz)

will take pics 2moz

P1000491.jpg

just after a wax ooo noice

P1000488.jpg

teh high horsepower powerplant

P1000487.jpg

mega thick springs

P1000484.jpg

this is way you should check you steering stops when putting on wider wheels

P1000483.jpg

honest officer they came like that from factory

P1000494.jpg

peow

nothing exciting today really got a thermostat and replaced that stz also done coolant red longlife coolant ftw at no extra cost of course :wink: , ive decicded to take off the vicouse fan and keep it in the parcel tray becuase

#1 the car just dont get hot enough and

#2 when you get to 5g's the belt sounds like its about to fly apart from so much screaching

got cost of fuel sender ... $90 friggin dollars ... fuck that ill keep guessing that good headers and carby money right there ripoff pricks (lub you sprak)

$132 for a set of spotties

$200 for new control arms ( uhh try find old ones first :P)

so i actually took the fan off today fuck man how much power wsas locked up in that :| sound soo much better now due to less fan noise = friggin aws

also went to change bulbs and relised that they are sealed beam ..pwnt oh well spotties on 8)

p10004982lg8.jpg

no fans!

p10004992az5.jpg

TURRBOES

p1000502nk6.jpg

repping o/s!

p1000503co8.jpg

p1000505ip7.jpg

teh spotties , might be the square version to suit the headlights though

so yuh if fitted spotties and wired them up bar the power to and earth from the bulbs themselves *ran outta time tonight* so tomorrow ill take a pic of them mounted for you guys , decided on round ones atm will see when everything is wired up and going (heard round ones have better beam spread)

• 3 weeks later...

ok so decided to put the ute on the brake machine at work today .... 67% difference between left and right rear axle , and the right one has like NO braking froce :|

so pulled the drums off and found the the l/h one had a leaking wheel cylinder causing the wheel to lock up , ok fine ill fix that on fri in the mean time i cleaned and sanded the drums and linings , sweet slammed it back together expecting better because there is now nice clean lining etc , no such luck still just as bad, FUCK

so back to drawing board im gonna put new linings and cylinders in the rear on friday and if that dont work im gonna have to tear apart the brake lines till i find a block i spose :( .

on the bright side no more lockage of wheel anymore YAY!

• 1 month later...

long time no update mainly due to moving flat adn getting otp too much , anyhow here some goodie i bought for it

P1000741.jpg

gonna fit most of it 2moz im thinking , i really hope the new cylinders make a diff to the braking because im starting to get flatspots on the tyres :([/img]

• 4 weeks later...

k update time , i fitted the wheel cylinders and linings , instantly solved problem of braking , that sweet .

today i pulled off lower control arms and replaced one of them .. the other one i got was the wrong one .. fuck , i also stripped the bolt getting it off .. crap .. then stripped another bolt putting it on .. craaaaaapp , anyhow have fixed and put it back together.

i now have new:

swaybar mount bushes

swaybar link bushes

lowercontrol arms bushes

lowercontrol arm(r/h)

and yuh

that is all

k some really bad news :( ute tray is rooted i was gonna try find another but i know they will be all the same so i started fixing the rust , the rabbit hole just kept getting deeper

P1000757.jpg

without tray , tuff

P1000760.jpg

one side , white stuff is rustkill

P1000761.jpg

P1000762.jpg

swellside , man that side was rooted as :(

P1000763.jpg

finally something that is rust free and look half nice again

P1000764.jpg

with rust cut out and ground back sheet has been welded in

P1000765.jpg

all done and waiting for bog rofl

P1000766.jpg

huge rust hole

P1000767.jpg

rust hole fully investigated

P1000770.jpg

fixing rust (blob in center of screen pissed me off so much)

P1000771.jpg

rust done

P1000768.jpg

pile of rust gathered

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest tangynz

dredging up an old thread..i brought this a month or so ago...

got any more info on the suspension? took it for a warrant pre-check and they didnt like the suspension..and the wheels rubbing..any ideas?

the tray is rusty as hell again already after u cut all that stuff out so will have to do a good job to keep it away :)