l20et mods

dirty_leppa

im in the process of slightly moddifying my stock l20et motor with some rb20det injectors, rb20det turbo, exhaust, rb20det fuel pressure reg, larger 500hp fuel pump and 600x300x76 front mount. my main question is regarding the injectors as i have been told i will need injector resistors so i dont fry the factory ecu. i had priced up some VG30et injectors,which are low impedence injectors, but are a bit 2 hefty for a temporary mod so i have decided to go with some rb20det ones i have lying around.

if any one has done this mod before it would help me a shit load if you tell me what was done and how as im abit lost here. i have looked into injector resistors but am confused as to what they do and how they should be hooked up and what else i need to get the whole package running smoothly.

in my searches i have come to suspect i could use a ballast resistor over my coil, similar to that on a sr20, but i dont want to do too much just to end up killing my engine.

another grey area for me is the timing aspect of these mods is the timing. how far should my timing be adjusted and how?

any help would make my day and if any one can help me with this ill shout them some beers.