Rich's 1974 Ford Capri V8

I finally got it rolling!

jftbzh10.rai.jpg

and I baremetalled it! Its coated in kephos in the pics, to stop it from rusting.

I've spend a lot of time on this over the last year to get it to this stage ready for painting. Unfortunately I dont know what happened to many of my photos.

I changed the front brakes, to skyline R33 fronts with au rotors on XY hubs, then changed the back brakes to sw20 to keep the piston diameter in the rear about 50% of the front, I also installed a brake bias valve in the rear line for a bit of adjustablity.

dihepmio.jy3.jpgb0wbiqlc.oix.jpg

I also revised my pedalbox to add some more strength and increase the pedal ratio up to about 4.3:1 up from 3.2:1.

strut brace. 20middwm.l45.jpg

I reinforced in behind the heater bubble, its nice and solid.

I also made an exhaust, made a new surge tank that fits under the car, mounted up a fuel system, fuel lines etc, finished the chassis rail kit, with integrated driveshaft loop, painted the underside, and put all the suspension in with new bushes, new strut tops and a 24mm swaybar.

b5urc2jg.sta.jpg

The main reason I'm updating the thread after so long is because I've finally accepted that I don't have the time, money or passion left to finish this, and I will be offering it up for sale, I'm not really too sure how to go about selling off a project like this. I have a figure in mind that I'd like to recover (though still at a loss), whether I have to part it out to get it depends on how much value anyone else places on what has already been done. So if anyone is keen to take over and finish this, or wants a very solid Capri that has already been cut up a bit to turn into their own vision of a v8 capri monster, get in touch.  Cheers - Rich.

• Like 5