how about headlight relay?

P_Star

Hey ...

so the crown has working lowbeam but when you switch to high beam all the lights go out (does come up with headlight warning light on dash)

No it isn't the bulbs.

I assume this would be a relay problem......

problem is I can't find the relay.. presume it would be up under the dash with all the others that i can find ie wipers, indicators, central locking etc..

all help appreciated

should imagine it to be a lazy regulator on the charge light thing, mine's don the same thing twice, and keeps up with the charge so long as you don't have dick all load on it (i.e: not using headlights etc) mine doesn't have a charge light though, instead an ammeter, so it's easy to tell what's happening exactly.

Can't help you with location of the headlight relay, although I expect it's in the engine bay. ms65s hide all that kind of shit up under the guards, accessable from the engine bay. 85s may be different, but search around. the one I pulled form the parts car (don't remember exactly where it was, though) was labelled as a headlamp relay. can't ask for easier than that. trace the wiring from your headamp, back. w3rd