Oil Leak

NewGuy

Does anybody in here reccomend any sort of Additive to the engine oil that can help recondition gaskets etc, as i have a another oil leak its pretty small, except its getting blown back over the engine and when the car is at rest in the garage parked in town etc, it drops oil all over the place, will most likly go to supercheap on the way home and get one and try it out. But is there anything that you guys have used, that uve had good results from?

hmmmm ok lol, Don't really know where it coming from, it onli comes out after a short drive but by then the oil has been blowen and flowed all over the place carnt realli see much, might use my good tool, digital camera to get some pics of where its coming from.

What about the fuel products that ae suposed to clean your needles and carbs?

There are a couple of reasons for oil leaks, one is a genuine gasket failure, and the other is the engine pressurising causing the oil to blown past the gaskets.

Most of the magic "gasket leak stoppers", are designed to cause rubber gaskets to swell sealing the leak. If it isnt a rubber gasket, like 90% of the gaskets on an average engine, it isnt going to work.

If the engine is pressurising then I would be checking compressions, or alternatively check that the engine breathing one-way valves and filters are clear. If the problem is caused by the engine being past its use-by date you might want to relocate the engine breathers into a oil catch can, and let the pressurised air out into atmosphere, so the pressure doesnt build up inside the engine

There are a couple of reasons for oil leaks, one is a genuine gasket failure, and the other is the engine pressurising causing the oil to blown past the gaskets.

Most of the magic "gasket leak stoppers", are designed to cause rubber gaskets to swell sealing the leak. If it isnt a rubber gasket, like 90% of the gaskets on an average engine, it isnt going to work.

If the engine is pressurising then I would be checking compressions, or alternatively check that the engine breathing one-way valves and filters are clear. If the problem is caused by the engine being past its use-by date you might want to relocate the engine breathers into a oil catch can, and let the pressurised air out into atmosphere, so the pressure doesnt build up inside the engine

i think this could be right, because the engine did not blow oil out of the spark tubes till the first time the car had a longish hard run, maybe sumthin has clogged up these air holes? Could you explain a little more of what to do?

fix it dont patch it. seals and gaskets are cheap!!

Ill have a ring around tomorrow and see if i can find a gasket for a triumph Dolomoite sprint, we have 2 of each gasket and seal from when my oldman made a big order from the uk, kinder now wanna find the problem why this has happen, ill keep everyone posted.