TE71/AE86 diff handbrake cables

fuel

I posted this on Toyspade, but thought I would put it here as well, as someone might know.

I've got a NZ-new '82 TE71 SE 2 door with S series 8 bolt diff and drums.

I've spotted a TE71 GT disc brake T series 10 bolt diff for sale, but it's missing the hand-brake cables. I'm wondering if there are any other handbrake cables off any other Toyota (or any other car) which I can substitute. I don't really want to fork out for genuine new ones, the diff alone is expensive enough.

Also, are there any other Toyotas of that era which would have a suitable brake proportioning valve, as I will be going from drums to discs on the rear.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I never ended up getting that diff.. guy decided not to sell it in the end.. grrr :evil::twisted:

Mark, lemme know if you hear or see of a TE71/AE86 T series with disc diff pop up for sale.. I'm sure a man in your position sees them turn up from time to time :D

Yeah about $400.. maybe $500 max.. but it would have to be a bolt-in affair, prefferably with no cut off mounts like alot of them have. Must have working calipers and handbrake cables.. I might even consider a MA45 rear diff or any other disc brake diff which can be made to fit with little modifications.