my daily problems

thminiman

i have a 1984 toyota corrola ae82 as my daily friver, its not running quite right, which i think is either the leads, or the fuel pump maybe. but the thing is (this might sound stupid) when i turn the headlights on, the running quality gets worse, it cuts in and out more often, stutters and the revs drop.

any suggestions on what this could be?

(ive cleaned the carb, checked battery terminals, its not the battery itself, its not the alternator as bat is charging.)

yea, 4ac, i thaught about the dizzy, what part of it would need attention? the cap?

I dunno. Check the cap to make sure its not broken or making anything short...I dunno if the Dizzy on the 4AC is points based or what so just making sure everything is clean and in order would be a go. failing that replacing it if you know its bung :)

id still be inclined to say alternator fault, maybe an intermittant one?

sounds like its not getting enough power to run everything, which is why it gets worse when you add an electrical drain to it.

check all your earths, maybe a main power lead is sapping your power, ie between your alternator,coil, starter etc.