Gearbox which one?

Guest freedz

Guest freedz

Took my mk1 eski for a test drive as im booked in for the low volume next week was crusing nice but when i got to the 150 mark it was screaming out not too badly but i dont like the noise and i dont want to throw a rod by over doing it.

Its got a mk5 cortina 2liter moter and a mk3 aussie 4 speed the diff is a 3.54 and , the question is which boxes do the job im after a five speed .

I know they talk about the celica and seirra but how well do the bellhousings clear do u need to make and adapter plate for em?

Where is the gearstick port on the box? do i HAVE to cut the transmission tunnel up? If i do move my gearstick hole in the tunnel will the stick clear the handbrake?

Do i need to put in a new pedal box for the clutch? hydraulic.

Is the speedo cable on the drivers side?

is it a different circut for the reverse switch 2 wires in or just the earth?

which driveshaft will the one ive got fit?

What happens with the clutch are the imput and out put shafts different size? number of teeth? will i need to get the driveshaft that came with the box and cut it? Are the driveshaft ends able to fit the ford diffs .

Ive got other diffs the 3.77 and 4.?? it came off my eski panel wagon its a 2liter as well.

cheers for any info.

I put the serria 5spd in my cortina and u cant even hear the engine thats how quite it made it.

Is the speedo cable on the drivers side?

Yes it is

Where is the gearstick port on the box? do i HAVE to cut the transmission tunnel up? If i do move my gearstick hole in the tunnel will the stick clear the handbrake?

From what i understand u do have to cut a hole so the gearstick can come thru but shouldnt be in the way of the handbrake

thats about all i know :/

Guest freedz

How bout the size of the box in comparison to the 4 speed?

Where is the mount point on the box compared to the 4 speed?

And what bout how it bolts on will the box line up with the cortina bolt holes? Will the cover that sits between the engine and the box off the cortina fit, or can i die grind it to fit?

Guest freedz

Will the cortina clutch plate and pressure plate fit the input shaft splines on the seirra and will the cortina driveshaft fit the seirra output shaft?

Or do i just get the front off a seirra driveshaft and fit it to the cortina one so ittle fit the output spline? Are the seirra uj's serviceable or do u get them machined and put a nipple on them?