I need help! 1979 TE (Mk IV) Cortina Ghia

Guest cortinamad

Guest cortinamad

I need some one who knows what they are doing to help me in the way of working over my corty! Currently it's pretty much standard;

2.0 Lt. 4 Cyl.

3 Speed Auto

I admit i don't really know much more than this as i only just got it a couple of weeks ago.

I have dreams of dropping a 250 crossflow into it, with a 4 speed manual. any help from a reliable source would be greatly appreciated!

is your car aussie assembled? if it is then go for your life swap is fairly straight forward. the best thing you could do is buy a 4.1 wreck and swap all the running gear into yours. there is some differance from falcon to cortina engines[ dip stick in different place/sump] all aussie cars have all the bosses for both 2.0 and 4.1 engines but you will need a 4.1 crossmember/transmount the diff is also different. 4.1 cortys go well especially with warmed up engines. i had a tc 4.1 manual. it had flat top pistons, hot cam, port/polish,holley, big bore. ran low 14s.with a bit more suspension work, lower diff gears, could have run easy low 13s. isaw one in aussie at a street meet in august running low 12s on NOS. LOOK OUT TURBO JAPPAS. cheers DAVE

Guest cortinamad

thanks for the info dave, i had a chat to the local wreckers and he seems to reckon that he can get an old corty and block to fuck around with, just so i don't fuck up my baby! will be downloading some pics of the car as it is now so look out for them so you can give me some suggestions.... cheers Paul

no worries glad to help, looking forward to the pics. hoping to post some pics of my mk2 corty with v6 chevy soon. gotta find time to put the motor back in. had it out to paint engine bay and give it a freshen up. cant wait to have a drive in it. motor owes me 9 grand has steel crank, shot peened rods, 10.5 to1 flat tops, fully balanced, 580lift/310dur cam, fully ported/polished heads, big valves, roller rockers,guide plates, victor jnr manifold, 465 holley 4 barrel, hei ignition, also has 3000 hi stall converter, turbo 350 trans with shift kit/h duty clutches, 4.11 9 in diff. hoping to run 12s with no NOS and 11s with NOS.

cheers dave