laser running real bad

two_days_late

hey guys

well as the title says my 81 laser is running like absolute shit. it kidna started happening gradually over a day. now it wont really idle and is running erally eradicly, i think it might be a problem somewhere with the fuel line or carbie? and advice would be great. cheers

Guest dodgy_rotors

just check all the hoses on the motor first. 1 day my laser backfired thru the carb 4 sum reason and poped a vacuum hose off and then ran like shit, wouldnt idle etc. happened after my m8 drove it :evil: haha but yea just check shit like that first. i just put a cable tie over the hose and never had anymore problems :wink: cable ties rock....saved me from changing the timing :D

Guest dodgy_rotors

yea it went 2 the manifold so it was sucking thru the manifold and not the carb. it would only run at full revs lol.

so i went out this morning and tried to start it, it would hardly run at all. let out a massive backfire and big cloud of smoke... so i waited a minute and tried again, it farted and hissed and banged and backfired again.... i think i have one sick laser on my hands

Guest dodgy_rotors

yeah check leads and and points etc. may be a good idea to check that the timing is set right also and check the fuel filter

so i had a muck around with it, i ended up pulling the vacuum hose that goes from the carb to the dizzy off at the dizzy end and starting it... it went like normal. so i tied the hose in a knot and went for a drive,it went fine. so its obviously something to do with the vacuum pressure at the dizzy. does anyone have any idea what might be wrong here? or should i start looking for another dizzy? ... or just leave it tied in a knot. any advice would be a real help. cheers

Matt

Guest dodgy_rotors

thats 4 the vacuum advance. if its running sweet id probly just leave it. it just advances the timing at high revs.