Jump to content

nels

Members
  • Posts

    269
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by nels

  1. Decided to mount it in the glove box area so had a fab shop fold up a bracket for it and it’s all secured in place.
  2. This arrived last week from the States so I’m starting the process of running all the wiring and getting everything I can hooked up and ready for the sparky to test it all. if it’s anything like the last two times I did it on a ford pop and 55 chevy this will take me ages..I’m bloody slow at this stuff. I used the same kind of kit way back in the early nineties and it’s good to see the quality is still the same.
  3. Made up a tool to insert the chrome strip and I installed that today. also found the little chrome clips that cover the back corners and front join. A bit of tinfoil and elbow grease and they will come up like new.
  4. Turns out the front screen was a piece of piss to install compared to the rear screen. Bit more cursing and elbow grease and she’s in.
  5. Polished up the front and rear screens as best I could and removed a couple of decent scratches. Me and my daughter managed to get the front screen in today using the old rope technique and a bit of swearing. I don’t know we’re she learnt that from. The rear screen rubber comes formed for the corners and gets cut and shut which I did today so hopefully get that one in tomorrow. The guys at Basis are checking out the original quarter glass rubber to see if they have something that will work as I’m not running the trim on them.
  6. Got the tach mounted today and the front and rear screens cleaned up ready to install. Found a place in the UK that sells all the rubber and trim pieces for a decent price. Cheaper than rare spares. Cars looking like a complete unit.
  7. Thanks for the feedback on the paint. The Colour was a direct match of the original viva wagon as my mate dave who painted it all those years ago was the one who has done all the stonechipping also. It has a very metallic base to it and should really pop outside in the sun. Its funny cos just finishing up the interior and seeing the green it took me straight back to being in the wagon.
  8. And the red interior is all gone
  9. Makes a nice contrast against the black
  10. Finally got some paint around the window surrounds so I can put the front and back screens in and the quarters side windows. im really liking the colour. its a direct match to the old viva wagon.
  11. Hi Johnny I got my info on the wheel tubs from a drag racing forum in the states and 95 % of contributors all said not to weld the entire wheel tub as it warps and doesn’t allow enough flex. Idea is to spot weld or run only about an inch intermittently and seam seal the rest on both sides. Use a good quality one. With the extending of the wheel arch the viva rear quarter really tucks in towards the back so had to move it about 4 inches to accomodate the rear tyres. I cut just below the crease line and tacked in place where the lower openings looked the same. Just spot weld in different spots and both sides and move around to stop any warping. Best of luck with it all and look forward to some photos.
  12. Seats all finished up and mounted for the last time.
  13. After asking if anybody wanted the rotisserie I made and having no takers I decided to turn it into a mechanics creeper. bit of mdf should finish it of and help save my back.
×
×
  • Create New...